Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
LeonardoValente
    Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Hello, im a true begginer on welding, the reason i will use welding is to restore an old car.

This is the machine i have, einhell euromaster cen160e.

Since the metal on cars is very thin like 20 gauge around 0.8mm to 1mm, from what i have read on the forums is a good eletrode would be the E6013, i have found 1,6mm diameter E6013 sticks to sell here, however on the photo of my machine as you can see it starts at 2mm and 55A, does that mean the minimum diameter allowed is 2mm ? :?
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Those might just be suggested settings. What does the front of the machine look like? How does it let you adjust amperage?
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

thats an old ac buzz box.
perfectly fine for learningto weld with.
however not suitable for welding cars with, but its still worth keeping for doing thicker metal.

you need a mig welding machine for car panels.
DO NOT get a flux core welder. you need a mig with gas.
tweak it until it breaks
LeonardoValente

Oscar wrote:Those might just be suggested settings. What does the front of the machine look like? How does it let you adjust amperage?
LeonardoValente

tweake wrote:thats an old ac buzz box.
however not suitable for welding cars with, but its still worth keeping for doing thicker metal.

Thanks, what would you recommend for a cheap one since i will never will be using it again it's just for say two months of work, i was actually looking into flux core welder since they are cheap 100€
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Save up a little money and buy something like this. https://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/E ... nElectric)
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

How are your welding skills? If you are not proficient at stick welding, this will likely be difficult for you.
Multimatic 255
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

LeonardoValente wrote:
tweake wrote:thats an old ac buzz box.

Thanks, what would you recommend for a cheap one since i will never will be using it again it's just for say two months of work, i was actually looking into flux core welder since they are cheap 100€
if your never ever going to do welder ever again, then get someone else to do it.
imho your always best to learn skills and keep the tools. they always come in handy in years to come.

forget fluxcore. friends don't let friends buy fluxcore welders. they are junk and will not do the job.

i don't know what country your in so can't recommend any brand. but no need for top end machines, lincoln, miller, EWM etc. but stay away from bottom end junk. theres pleanty of ok middle of the road euro and chiense brands.
get something that can plug into your domestic power socket. panel repairs don't need much amps.
its needs to have 0.6mm rollers. needs to be an inverter machine with fully variable voltage, wire feed speed and inductance helps.

remember thin steel is one of the hardest things to weld. the better you can fine tune the machine the better.

if you havn't learnt to weld, then you need to get on that arc welder with a pack of 6013's and learn to weld.
once you can arc weld resonable well, then mig welding becomes a lot easier to do a really good job.
tweak it until it breaks