Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
uv123_4
    Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:57 am

I’m looking at a new inverter just for home. Iv been looking at the rohr ones maybe 250amp has anyone used one of these. We use jasic at work looking at specs of two machines they don’t seem to different only the price. Any thoughts. ? Cheers.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

It would be helpful if you declared where "home" is. Different countries have different options.
uv123_4
    Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:57 am

The uk.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I got a new(ish) Parweld 200 amp & an old Thermal arc 400 cc/cv - both been really solid welders - both run 6010 but only the 400 has independent controls for dig / hot start which is nice - the 200 is preset - mate got the SWP Stealth & he's been happy with it - not used it myself - depends a bit what your budget is & available mains power & if you need it to be easily portable.
vaguy101
    Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 am

I dont nor.ally promote things unless I've tried them , depending on what your wanting to do , if just dc , get a power arc 300 Everlast. It'll weld any thickness of material you'd ever want , and runs 6010 better then the Miller inverters , hands down i could do xray welds with it stick / dc tig , great machine . But upgrade the ground clamp and lead because it will get arc blow .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

To the best of mu knowledge (N)everlast are not sold in the UK but some of the Rtech models appear so similar bar the color they maybe out fo the same Chinese factory - if so could be worth calling Rtech - they have a solid name & warranty.
jlo122402
    Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:52 pm

I have a miller bobcat 225 plus with the onan performer 16 engine can anyone tell me how to actually stick weld with it what setting do i turn the dials to ?