Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
Mrcorey68
    Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:56 am

I found a very old welder at the shop I work at and had used it to do some repairs here and there until it quit on me. The company owner had inherited it from his grandfather many years ago and didn't want to discard it. Slot of sentimental value. I took it apart and luckily it was just a blown capacitor. I spent a little time on cleaning it up and restoring it to as close to new as I could. Turned out great. Me and the owner 2as hoping to find out more about this welder b<t I have had no luck with my online search. I am guessing it to be around 80 years old but would love to know more about it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Added a picture of the welder and hopefully it shows up with this post, I'm not computer guru by any means..
Attachments
Sureweld arc welder
Sureweld arc welder
IMG_20201120_102028007.jpg (93.22 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Seems they are still in business today. From Ireland. Not sure if the modern company would have information about the old model, but here you go anyway.

https://www.sureweld.co.uk/why-sureweld
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

that is quite unique.
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!