Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
Greg From K/W
    Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Its fairly old. Needs some new cords. The controls are funny you plug in the electrodes in the front and each plug ups the voltage a certain extent. I will try and get some pics tomorrow for you guys. Just wondering if anyone else has one like that. If you do could you share some info for me? Especially if you had a manual for it? I could PM you my email if you could send me pdfs of it too me. THanks in advance. Pics will come. Maybe tonight.
Greg From K/W

Here is a pick of the back.
Attachments
This shows the make of the welder and power needs. Hope the name comes through ok.
This shows the make of the welder and power needs. Hope the name comes through ok.
Back of Welder.jpg (97.71 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
Greg From K/W

Here is the front. Sorry its side ways.
Attachments
Front of Welder inputs.jpg
Front of Welder inputs.jpg (92 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
Greg From K/W

And blurry to boot. I will get a couple better pics tomorrow for you guys.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I've got something similar, but a different brand. It's the same principle, different plug placements give different amperages. Mine works off of two transformers with four leads off of one and the other four leads off of the other. I think there are sixteen different settings depending on the configuration.

I looked long and hard for a manual for it but no luck. When I got it about 30 years ago, it was already. missing the lead and ground wires and the proper fitting jack plugs. When I went to fix it up last year, I tried to find the proper size plug but they weren't being made anymore. I tried to make some new plugs out of larger ones on an OD grinder, but it just wasn't right, so I took the thing apart and put in all new Miller jack plugs. Those are what you see in the picture below.

The welder works great. I use it for quick shot tack welds or when a job is small and I don't feel like dragging out all of the big stuff.

Steve
Attachments
trindl
trindl
trindl1.jpg (162.1 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
Greg From K/W

google the company. I emails Forney and they sent me pdf's of the manuals. I haven't had time to look through them yet but I think that they have a full schematic of the electrical. Might be worth it if you can get hold of them.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I googled them before, but the company doesn't exist anymore.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
Greg From K/W

That's too bad. Sorry to hear that. I will see about uploading the material for mine for you. It may be similar to mine in concept. Perhaps it will help you out in a pinch. If need be you could see if an electrician could help you navigate through the problems with it.

Sorry it won't let me upload a pdf.