Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
Rodbelan
    Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:17 am

I did compare those 2 on my Esab 161LT... They work fine, except that the Forney had the flux coating burn unevenly... becoming bevel like (like the silicon tube tip that you cut at an angle). I tried the Lincoln Fleetweld on another machine, was also going fine, without that sort of issue. Why is the Forney acting like so? I do not have a cue... Could be a bad batch, I guess.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

What I've seen is that Lincoln's need less amps to run smoothly. Did you run them both at the same amperage into the same exact joint?
Rodbelan

Same, same... Forney and Blue Demon... Lincoln is a different story, on another machine...
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Then it might boil down to just that; that you ran them at the same amps, but perhaps one needed less amps. Or conversely, one needed more amps.
Rodbelan

The recommended amperage for the Forney 6011 is 25-75. I used them around 50. No problem to light em, the arc is consistent, but like I said, the flux burns unevenly, ending with a pointy bevel like tip... Never had such a problem with other electrodes... I might crank up the amperage and see... or take it down to 40...