Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
nickn372
    Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am

Ok this week sucks for me. The governor gear on my Trailblazer flew apart the other day and now I have repair costs and down time that I cannot really afford at this point in my welding career. What engine drives do you guys run? And is there an engine drive out there more dependable than an old SA200?
Be the monkey....
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

old SA200 are good tough machines that will run for a long time. There's tons of them up here in Alaska that were used to weld the pipeline and you can find them pretty cheap all over the place , there are people that collect and restore these welders. Thats kind of out of my line of work , but these can be your backup welder and they can do a good job, so if you can get one fairly cheep they should work for you . I've got a Lincoln Ranger 8 gas driven welder and its a good machine , I don't run it much, as I do most of my welding at the shop ,so I bought a Invertec V 275 S stick/tig welder. If you do remote work ,you just got to have a gas driven welder/generator. Good Luck , John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024