Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Very entertaining photos and story about the success that you, and your cat, are having.

People recommend 6011 because it is a "fast freeze" rod. On your job 6011 would have to be run quite differently than the 6013.

With 6011 you would have to almost "spot weld" and then let the work cool. Spot weld a bit more then cool some more. If you hold the arc too long it will certainly burn big holes through the work.

You are doing just fine with the 6013 and the progress being made is remarkable given the circumstances.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Sometimes, we all could use a cat like that....

8-)

Steve S

Hey, Qwerty12,

I sent you another PM. There's been an offer of a trade, that might get you into a good quality hood in exchange for some work, rather than some cash.

Have a look, and think about it.

Steve S
qwerty12
    Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Well, I have just come back from my buisnes trip, with my rusty all carr. Man we traveled lot of miles in few days :lol:

Will answer you soon on your message. Buth first must eat, will die from hunger :o
qwerty12

Welded all day long...tryed my new toy :D

Wee putt waaaaay too much weight in my smal tractor trailer(as usual) and sudenly on those bumpy roads trailer felt apart :lol: man it was funny to look at that disolvation dissaster :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bought feew u profiles on scrapyard and wellded thee poor trailor back again ;)

one thing that passed on my mind couple times today... is there anny rood to weld lengt constant...

what do I meen is that 3.2 rood 6013 I use is 33 cm or 13 inches long....

well the question is how much lenght should a weld have with that rood asuuming I start it welding and goo straight until the rood is gone :?: :?: :?:

Tough question.

If you're welding 6mm, a 3,2mm rod is good for about 100cm or so.

Steve S
qwerty12

Man thats imposible for me to doo it. when I weld I make 15 to 30 cm or 6 do 12 inches max
i am waay to slow to make 100cm or 40 inches with one rood :(

My bad... I mistyped.

A 3,2 on 6mm is good for about 4 inches, or 10cm, not 100.
I said "100"

Sorry.

Steve S
qwerty12

well then I am going waaay to fast I make 15 to 30 cm per one rod

Problem is when i do go slower...pudlle tryes to come in front of the rood and then I have slag inclusion and I weld with rood angle ofcourse...maybe 15 to 30 degrees