Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
MillwrightRWG
    Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:16 am

This is my buzz box made by hi lo . I got it from a friend that bought it for 5$ at a auction sale just for the leads . I put a new power cord on it and a disconnect to turn it on and off and have been useing it for 10 years now . Last night I burned some 1/4" rod with it at 325 amps at least that's what the dial said . I was putting a cutting edge on a loader. It really works good the only problem is that it doesn't make any noise at all so remembering to shut it off can be a problem . Is it just me or do these stepless buzz boxes weld differently that the tombstone type. It seems to burn the filler metal faster than the flux with 7014 you must really push the rod in there more than I do with other ac welders.
Thanks
Ryan
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (122.5 KiB) Viewed 676 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (95.91 KiB) Viewed 676 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (65.08 KiB) Viewed 676 times
GregOrtiz
    Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:13 am

Never seen one before! Must be a keeper if it still works that good and for $5.00 wow! Alot of the old productions are good pieces of equipment. You may have an antique or vintage piece, either way its a keeper!
Arizona SA200
    Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

If she runs good i say drive the wheels of that thing. I like the old machines because they are 100% copper wound. Never heard of that brand but why try to fix something that isn't broken.
I stack dimes for a living so i can stack dollars for a paycheck.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum MillwrightRWG.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200