Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
blaz
    Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 pm

I failed. Nerves or something like that. ;)

I like posting my not so good work to encourage others to post up too. No one is perfect and we can all learn from each other.

I took it a week later and passed.
Ranger
    Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:00 pm

I speak for my self but I hold no cert in welding at all but I love to weld and hope one I will pass all my cert on the first try ...( Sorry I am 6th gen welder so I hold my self to a higher lvl than most people) ... But my main practice in welding is to weld something and then destroy it to see what happens and then try improve on what I am doing wrong and why it was happening ..

Congrats
Jason SR
Oddjob83
    Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Grats on the cert. odd our teacher made us polish ours with flapper style wheels till we had silver bars.
blaz
    Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 pm

I had no grinder or flap wheel. The Company I went to in order to get qualified had the coupons made up and only allowed me to use a wire wheel. I cleaned the coupon with the wire wheel the best I could before I started. I know how to prep metal when I put it together at work. :mrgreen: I guess it is time to practice my horizontal and do that next.

I do mostly TIG at work and rarely stick. Only if the material is thicker than 3/8" or if it is rusty and covered with ink and mill scale will I break out the rods.