Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
camlott55
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:44 pm

I had a pair of Lincoln Electric Traditional MIG Stick Welding Gloves and I liked them.
I was just looking at my options.. I weld primarily stick so you guys and gals give me some info on your favorite gloves for stick?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Unless I'm welding overhead, where a lot of spatter will hit my gloves, I'm perfectly comfortable with plain ol' goatskin work gloves in the bulk pack.

Tillman makes an inexpensive MIG glove that has better insulation and a good feel, as well as a cuff to protect your wrists/go over your sleeves.

Those heavy-arse leather gloves they sell for $8/pair at the welding supply? I only use those for arc-gouging and heavy dual-shield.

I'll TIG bare-handed (SPF45)

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

camlott55
I have tried quite a few gloves over the years and as of right now my favorite gloves are Tillman 50L and Tillman 1414L.
In my opinion the 50 series gloves work very well in MIG and stick applications. I use the 1414's for general purpose and tacking, however I have a "bad" habit where I wear a 50L on my left hand and a 1414 on my right when welding. I also have a backing pad on my left 50L at all times, but do not recommend this for stick welding overhead.