Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
dwhip361
    Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:28 pm

I need help with the identification and properties of Anchor brand stick welding rods that we have at my job. All the ones I've seen before have been 6011, 7018 etc... but these are numbered 213A, 112A, 110A etc... I've tried online, but can't find a resource to determine their use. It appears the higher the number the larger the diameter of the rod and I think the A means arc because some have a G and appear to be gas rods. Thanks for the help.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

dwhip361,
Welcome to the forum! I have tried looking these up too. Can you get us a picture of the box they came in with all the necessary numbers.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum dwhip361.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
dwhip361
    Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys and the replies. I was able to find a phone number for the company today, I gave them a call and asked for info or online resource. They told me there was not any info online, but he would send me a brochure. As soon as I get it I will post a copy on the site, just in case someone else has the same issue.
Tombstone
    Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 pm

I found the Betty Mills company sells Anchor brand. In fact, it almost looks like "Anchor" welding products are a Betty Mills label. Scroll down the page to see the electrodes. Very limited info, but the electrodes do have the AWS number designator on them (ie 6010, 6013, 7014, 7018 etc...).

http://www.bettymills.com/shop/product/ ... ch-pg5.htm
"Let's light the fire an' brief on guard.". RIP Lt. Col Stan "Red Dog" Nichols. USMC. Fighter Pilot. Korea, Vietnam. MCAS El Toro.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Anchor is the house brand name for ORS,Nasco, a wholsale only co. that supplies a lot of independant LWS. If I had to guess, I'd say that either Hobart or Harris makes their welding rods.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len