Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Aside from the fact that it will never fly, watch the video at approximately 1:30 seconds in.
This boy has a very unique method for eye protection while stick welding. Amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-_dsNTZch0
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

That guy thinks he's a hero!!
Not to mention the "announcer" sounding sooooo serious. :lol: :lol:
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

Welcome to the rest of the world. Before you folks continue to bash what some guy in a third world country is trying to do I suggest you take a look our first attempts at flight. These individuals are working on the inforrmation and equipmentthey have at hand to do something that's never been done before in their country. Give em a bit of credit.
Nick
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

What, you mean you have never welded that way :D

I believe for the little they have in Kenya, he is doing alright, by their standards. I agree, they do not have much to speak of, let alone aircraft like that. My father has went over for a Missionary visit a few years ago. The pictures he brought back would break your heart. To say they are poor is a understatement. It makes you very thankful for the abundance that we have here in America (and other developed countries as well). You do have to give him credit for trying.
-Jonathan
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Maybe they should try growing beans first instead of waiting for the wheat drop(Purina) to come in.
DylanWelds
    Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:25 am

I see people tacking like that pretty regularly. Not the smartest idea but some people are too lazy to grab their hood :mrgreen:
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Mig tacking is pretty easy, just prop the nozzle, point and shoot. :roll:
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Seen it here many times, stick, mig, tig plenty of people tack this way. I figure it's their eyesight
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I've done that a few times when I didn't have a hood at hand but I do know someone who burnt their eyes pretty bad when he just closed them while holding something for someone to weld so I generally turn away or put something over my eyes when holding or tacking like that.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
Fabrinox
    Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:07 am

I would like to know the weight of that monstrosity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

It's a bit overweight at 800kg and I believe that he used a steel frame.
My aircraft project is only 236kg. http://www.zenithair.com/stolch701/index1.html
Fabrinox wrote:I would like to know the weight of that monstrosity...
echosixmike
    Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:03 am

Poor folks have poor ways.....

The 3rd world is the 3rd world because it's full of third worlders. Best not to get involved, just stand well back, out of the blast radius. S/F....Ken M
Red: PowerMIG 300, Square Wave 175
Blue: DEL200, Syncro250, XMT300
Green: STH160
Black: Tweco 181i Fabricator
Oddball: Craftsman HF unit