Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

There probably is its going to vary depending on the composition of the flux. You may have to run a few passes to see what you can get away with. I think the stuff we used had a pretty thick slag on it when you were done. And it had to cool a bit before it would chip off.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Woodbutcher
    Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Thanks for your time this evening. I'll give er a try tomorrow and if anything real crazy happens ill keep you posted. I still havent got the results back on the one inch exray test, but I expect to see them anytime.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Is it just me, or does it seem to others... When you're entirely confident in your test coupon the results come back very fast. When you're less certain, the lab seems to drag it's feet? Is it a real correlation, or just perception?
:lol:

Steve S
Woodbutcher
    Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 pm

So preheat is a must, then the hardface 50 rods run smooth as silk. Without preheat I couldnt weld for an inch without hearing popping and snapping from welds breaking, like possibly the very same weld I was working on.very interesting job,, especially when trying to sew up a five foot seam.
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

When I had "nothing to do" when I was younger. Dad used to just roll the buckets on equipment and make me go out and hard surface the bottoms of them basically out of position. Huge pain in the rear, if you are flat easy as pie, drag, criss-cross, diamonds and write profanity with it.
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla