Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Do you guys write down your settings for TIG welding, for different metals, thicknesses, kind of joints, and etc.?
I have found, at 62, a hobbyist, and not welding 8 hours a day I forget what I did in the past. Sometimer's disease?
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I use a sharpie on the back side of my garage door. But just for the approximate ranges for materials I don’t weld often.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

I take a short video with my phone. I take the front of the machine to get all the settings, and the work piece, while I narrate things like tungsten and gas flow. I started doing that when I took welding classes because I always had the phone with me so I could use it at home or school. It also helped me remember how to setup all the different machines they made us use in class, they had some expensive machines with so many features I couldn't remember how to configure them (I'm also a sometimer).
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch

Write down or record, both are good methods, use whatever recording media/system works best for you.

At one time Jody had developed a Share My Weld app for IOS, and was working on the Android version. That was awhile ago and I don't know if it will be resurrected. See sharemyweld
Richard
Website