Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Has anyone used on of these with their Dremel. https://smile.amazon.com/3mirrors-ELECT ... pons&psc=1
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..

I've used something similar, bought one, tried it and haven't used it again, but that's just me. So many ways to sharpen tungsten, many threads on a few forums. Weld technique and practice go much further, use a inexpensive bench grinder and get the job done.

Having such a tool won't over come practice and skill, JMO
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I saw it on Ebay, and it looks pretty good since you can use most any dremel/rotary tool with the correct thread. One day I'll set one up, but my go-to method is still a basic 6" alum-oxide grinding wheel on a $40 skil bench-top grinder, or a Harbor Freight 3" mini grinder with the polishing wheel.

sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Yep, I agree and it's why I could never justify buying a Sharpie. I just happened to be on Amazon looking for something unrelated when it just popped up and I thought it was an interesting item. I can turn one of those on the lathe pretty easily and then mill it to suit me if I ever decided I had to have one.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
JohnMc
    Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 pm

There are a number of these type tools and the consensus looks to be safe your money they are over priced for what they do. But are they a good option. As sschefer said building one is not that hard.
    Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:58 pm

Oscar wrote:I saw it on Ebay, and it looks pretty good since you can use most any dremel/rotary tool with the correct thread. One day I'll set one up, but my go-to method is still a basic 6" alum-oxide grinding wheel on a $40 skil bench-top grinder, or a Harbor Freight 3" mini grinder with the polishing wheel.

What grit wheel do you use, Oscar?
ekbmuts
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Man - I've never seen a tungsten ground like that! Looks awesome. Are you welding steel with that or aluminum? And what are your thoughts on different angles for different materials?

I'm going to grind myself a tungsten like that and see how it goes...

Jon
Turbo
    Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 pm

You don't need a "tungsten grinder" until you are iso9001.
Miller Dynasty 210dx

instagram: rsengineeringllc