Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

I was using it on a project yesterday. Switched off to swap Argon bottles, and when I switched it back on, smoke rolled out the back.
It is 5 1/2 years old, so out of warranty. I called Everlast to get a replacement fan power board. Tech support was helpful. Now waiting on parts dept to call back with a price, and shipping date.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Ughhhhh….
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Time to upgrade to the new HTP Invertig 251 :)
cj737

Tried to send you a PM, but it’s stuck in my outbox. If you need a loaner, hit me up. I’m not too far away and can get you by until you resolve yours.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Oscar wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:47 am Time to upgrade to the new HTP Invertig 251 :)
+1
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
VA-Sawyer

Update:
The new board should be here tomorrow. $60 plus shipping, which makes it affordable. Hope that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the offer cj737. The customer isn't in a hurry, so I have time to get a solution.

The HTP is being considered if I am forced to buy a new unit.

Will update again after the part is installed.
VA-Sawyer

Update:
The new board should be here tomorrow. $60 plus shipping, which makes it affordable. Hope that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the offer cj737. The customer isn't in a hurry, so I have time to get a solution.

The HTP is being considered if I am forced to buy a new unit.

Will update again after the part is installed.
cj737

Take a look also at the new PrimeWeld 325 with a water cooler on Weldmonger’s store. For the money, jeez, they’re almost free. And the 225 has been a very good machine for a buddy of mine for 4 years without a hiccup. (If the worse comes to pass and you have to buy a new unit).