Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
coldman
  • coldman

20140416_174536.jpg
20140416_174536.jpg (30.68 KiB) Viewed 648 times
Happy Easter to all and thanks for all your interesting posts that keeps me informed.

I am having difficulty finding #5 stubby cups for my #26 stubby gas lense here in Oz. I have searched online everywhere I could think of. Here is a pic of the type of lense I am using.

Anyone got any ideas where I can get some online that will post down under?
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I like www.weldingcity.com for tig torch parts. I don't know if they ship globally though. Correct me if I am wrong and since I have no experience with this I probably am wrong but doesn't a stubby gas lense let you use a number 9 torch cup on it? I don't know I just heard that somewhere. I would check with welding city though.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
coldman
  • coldman

Thanks. I checked out the weldcity site. They only have the 54N type lense cups which is longer than the stubby cup I am looking for. This is the problem I am having. I can get a #6 stubby cup but not smaller. I know they exist because I have seen them in the past. I just can't find where to get them.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

what series of cups do those gas lens use?
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Oscar wrote:what series of cups do those gas lens use?
They use the cups from a 9 series and 20 series torch.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
coldman
  • coldman

Aha! No one has given me a definite confirmation of this before. This helps me narrow it down. I'll check it out. Thanks.
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

coldman wrote:Thanks. I checked out the weldcity site. They only have the 54N type lense cups which is longer than the stubby cup I am looking for. This is the problem I am having. I can get a #6 stubby cup but not smaller. I know they exist because I have seen them in the past. I just can't find where to get them.
Coldman,
My first stop is usually eBay. If you search for "TIG stubby kit" you'll get several hits with sizes down to #4 cup. I've had sellers allow substitutions on sizes to get more of the sizes I wanted in a kit, and they may be able to source you an entire box of the size you want. BTW, I believe you'll find that 17, 18, and 26 parts are interchangeable.

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
coldman
  • coldman

Thanks Richard,
I have searched ebay extensively already. I tried again using your suggested text and came up with usaweld (kit) with expensive freight to Oz and a link to the riverweld site which I have searched before but this time came up with what looks like the right stuff at low cost. So I ordered it using rickshaw delivery from Honkers. I will let you know if it fits when it arrives.
Cheers!