Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Klark
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Hello guys. I've been stick & mig welding for many years as a hobbyist. My Dad was the master, but we lost him last in March of 2013. I talked with him many times about tig which he said his Airco Dip/Stick 160 would do, providing we find the HFAS box. I found one this past summer and it is literally NOS, brand spankin new. Problem is, I have very little idea what to locate next. I have no torch, regulator, argon, or anything to get this setup going. I have a few tanks around the shop, but I don't believe any of them are argon. I've just started watching Jody's videos, so I'm already getting the idea that it's going to be tough to learn, or will having the HFAS box make things easier?? I have a number of questions, but I just thought I would get a discussion rolling. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

PS: I can post pics of what I have but the Airco is in pieces right now undergoing some repairs.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Try this vid for ideas

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/hom ... elder.html

Or Google this
"ac buzz box with tig HF video"
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
Klark

Thank you for taking the time, Rick. I watched that one about 10 minutes before I posted. For tig, my Airco Dip/Stick 160 has DCSP and AC modes, so I would assume those are for scratch start if you don't have the HF stabilizer unit..?? But since I have the stabilizer, I would assume I don't have to scratch start?
Klark

Bueller? Anyone??
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Klark wrote:Bueller? Anyone??
"Bueller... Bueller..." Great reference!

Be patient. "Old Airco" means rare, from the word "go", and not every member is here every day.

Someone will either be able to help, or point you to a resource that can.

Steve S