Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

Hi Guys

I have a budget to spend on some TIG torches for a shop doing both SS and Aluminum work.
Really like the CK line of TIG torches ~ they seem like the cats pajamas.
I started with the Super Flex 230 A edition with the indexable head, that is one fine tool. I think it is called the FL 2325 SF ? I run mine with the little gas lenses and cups and have a ball putting together everything from food grade stainless steel processors to aluminum antenna parts.

If you guys had money to spend and were doing SS and Aluminum work, what would you order? I currently am running a SyncroWave 250 w. Coolmate 3 and a Miller Thunderbolt for Scratch Start applications.

Let me know!

Adam
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

If you order a Series 3 head for it ,can handle 20 more amps, interchangable an oz or 2 heavier slightly more bulky

series 3 head comes on FL150 gas cooled torch, heads can be ordered seperately
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
    Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

Ok! Great Start

SO... If you were going to set yourself up with a good handful of Torches for a wide variety of applications, what would you order?

I am itching to get my tool kit started.

Adam
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Adam,
I would buy just two torches in addition to the Flex-loc you have. I'd buy a CK 230 ridgid water cooled and a Flex-loc air cooled with a valve and both 2 and 3 series heads. All with super flex hoses.

The ridgid 230 will weld ALL day with your welder without overheating, and the Flex-loc heads don't have water circulating through them and will heat up, even more so with a stubby gas lens on them.

There's my list.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

order one of each :D

Flex loc rules, I have the weld-tec version of it. Very nice. Of course it is not always needed, I'm sure you could do anything and everything with a rigid neck + a flex neck. Oh, and order a CK140 water cooled micro torch as well :)
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

I have a flex loc 230 and a ck200 flex head. I like the flex loc over the regular head and vice versa for different situations. And I like needing only one style of consumables. But you might need something else to handle the bigger amps on your machine. It tops out at 310, right? You would still be within the duty cycle of those torches though I think. Have fun shopping!