Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Just as thought from last weekend as my TIG finger slipped off glove once again and tumbled to the floor. Followed by a few choice words :oops: :lol: We now have a Regular TIG finger and a XL TIG finger how about a SM TIG finger for those of us with thinner fingers and prolly a lot of women welders too could benefit from these. :D
Just a thought I would throw out there, hint hint Jody :lol: I know I would order a few, six exactly :shock: one for aluminum, stainless, titanium, steel, junk dirty repairs and a spare. Along with my regular ones I can get 2 fingers in those. :o although it is a little bit of a struggle.
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
geo
  • geo
    Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Had the same problem because it was not deep enough to get onto the knuckle of my pinky finger (my prop point).

I try to be RH when welding so I always wear out the rod hand first. This has left me with a few nice RH gloves lol. I took one and stitched the TIG FINGER to it and now just switch gloves if needed. I've even vise gripped (tiny ones) different diameters of thin aluminum tube to it to get a comfortable prop in weird places lol.

FYI IMO. Pick up some Miller tig gloves and never look back.
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

geo wrote:

FYI IMO. Pick up some Miller tig gloves and never look back.
I agree with you on the Miller TIG gloves. That's what I use and I like them comfortable for me. you said your TIG Finger wasn't long enough you can make them a little longer by sliding it apart They are not stitched together inside. Adjusted length on mine for a few things then adjusted them back to original length.

Like the idea of stitching TIG Finger to glove might just do that to one of them.
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.