Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Wingman
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Been waiting since the first part of December for Lincoln to make good on a delivery date of Jan 4th. Now it'll be end of the month. This is my first TIG and my first Lincoln product. Is this typical of Lincoln ? Should I move on? If so what's comparable to the features/price of the Lincoln TIG 200?
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Wingman wrote:Been waiting since the first part of December for Lincoln to make good on a delivery date of Jan 4th. Now it'll be end of the month. This is my first TIG and my first Lincoln product. Is this typical of Lincoln ? Should I move on? If so what's comparable to the features/price of the Lincoln TIG 200?
From someone with inside knowledge, they are backordered 1000 units, initial shipment was 2500 units. If you paid already, I'd expect you are going to get one in the next shipment... Depends on your supplier.
Comparable and in my opinion superior due to more functions and advanced controlwould be
Tweco 186
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Everlast 250ex, 210ext, 200dx.
Doubling the price of the Lincoln,
HTP221, ESAB 220I , Miller Dynasty 210
Or quality used machine.
We really need to know what you plan to use it for to make a better recommendation
(Disclosure, I'm a distributor for a couple of these brands)
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I just buy welders for me and I don't sell. :) I'm very happy with my thermal arc 186. I also just ordered a power mig 210 mp from eBay on Saturday and it arrived from the Lincoln factory today. 4 days. Not the same machine but got quick shipping.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

This is just my personal opinion but I would wait for the Lincoln. I have tested them quite a bit and they are great machines for the money. Not saying any other machine mentioned is bad whatsoever I just prefer "name brand" machines when I have a choice and am buying new.
-Jonathan