Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Cant find a lot of info about this one other than blue's website. I have pretty much talked myself into getting one of these if no bad news comes up. It will be a "once in a lifetime" purchase. I will have to sell my 150 sth though and it will be missed...or not? I don't think I am going to be unhappy. But to weld .25" aly and still be portable...I am in. Sure hope I can rely on it for a long time....giving up some hard earned vacation $ to get it and putting a few things off for a while. Trying to keep myself talked into going through with it the way things are {economy and my health issues}. I managed to pick up a 40 cu ft bottle for $20 at a yard sale. That will make my road and big bottle empty unit. I just cant pay 2k for something that may not work down the road...rather stick with a brand name machine. I think I will help to make my aluminum fuel cells and other bits with all the settings available and make nice parts. Would like to think a few side jobs to help along the way too. Should I pursue it that I have a chance for a major equipment upgrade? Should be built better than the proven 200DX? :? It seems to be an industrial duty rated machine...should last me a long time.

Yes I did look at the new "red" welder...just didn't have the duty cycle and power I wanted....wasn't impressed with what I have seen on it either.
Building an airplane is at times somewhat like a divorce.....with the exception that she doesn't leave
J.J. Flash

jumpinjackflash wrote:Cant find a lot of info about this one other than blue's website. I have pretty much talked myself into getting one of these if no bad news comes up. It will be a "once in a lifetime" purchase. I will have to sell my 150 sth though and it will be missed...or not? I don't think I am going to be unhappy. But to weld .25" aly and still be portable...I am in. Sure hope I can rely on it for a long time....giving up some hard earned vacation $ to get it and putting a few things off for a while. Trying to keep myself talked into going through with it the way things are {economy and my health issues}. I managed to pick up a 40 cu ft bottle for $20 at a yard sale. That will make my road and big bottle empty unit. I just cant pay 2k for something that may not work down the road...rather stick with a brand name machine. I think I will help to make my aluminum fuel cells and other bits with all the settings available and make nice parts. Would like to think a few side jobs to help along the way too. Should I pursue it that I have a chance for a major equipment upgrade? Should be built better than the proven 200DX? :? It seems to be an industrial duty rated machine...should last me a long time.
What information are you looking for?

This is the machine I will be buying if a job I quoted comes thru, looking forward to owning a Dynasty.

Will you buy online or thru a LWS?
Richard
Website

Probably online...LWS doesn't have one either. Plus they wanted more than online...more than a couple hundred more.
Building an airplane is at times somewhat like a divorce.....with the exception that she doesn't leave
J.J. Flash

jumpinjackflash wrote:Probably online...LWS doesn't have one either. Plus they wanted more than online...more than a couple hundred more.
Interesting, my LWS has better pricing then what I've found online. Although I have purchased from them (for my employer) for many years, so maybe they are giving me a deal.

My LWS doesn't keep them in stock, either way it has to be shipped, so tell them you'd rather buy from them if they can do better on pricing... Also if I ever need it serviced, they are a Miller service center, and I'd feel better taking it there having made the purchase thru them.

Just my .02
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

IMO, it's THE 120/240 dual-voltage TIG to have, especially with the expansion card.
Peanut
    Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:53 pm

I have ordered a complete Miller dynasty 210 Dx. Plugged it in used it 20 minutes got a message across the front panel saying refer to owners manual. Could not get it to do anything Called Miller they said it had faulty components. So they sent me a new one. The second one I used it 20 minutes and it quit. Could not get an arc. Called Miller faulty components again. So I guess we will be on number 3 I will update when it shows up. Any body else having problems with the dynasty 210 dx
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I would have thought Miller would have taken the original unit back to a local authorised repairer for a warranty repair and returned it to you fixed. Have not heard of them simply sending out new units like smaller brands without repair network.

Can someone please check the validity of this poster?

No offense meant, it's just we've had bogus posters recently trying to trash brands to improve the market position of their own gear.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Our local Miller repair guy told me there were some occurances of board fault in some of the dual voltage machines when they are used on 110volt power. My boss didn't believe me at first when I told him the arc was just dropping out during a weld. We sent it in and they confirmed it to him. They put a new board in it for about 1500$ It was well used and out of warranty and then we bought a couple of the 150 STL welders to be the work horse/ drag in the mud machines. I keep the DX at the shop on good power. Don't know if it's the same thing for this guy but it sounds like Miller is standing behind there product.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
BigD
    Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:56 pm

My experience is probably not going to be helpful to anyone as I have nothing to compare against, but for what it's worth, I've been using it a few hours at least 3-4 times a week since I got it in early Dec and it's been flawless. I waited until I could get the best to learn on. I only turned it on on 110 to test my power adapter and to see that the machine wasn't a brick, but all actual use is on 220. My first practical welds were to help my friend build a walk-in bath tub for his mom, which had to be cut apart to get into the house. It's pretty mindblowing to carry with one hand a 210 amp 60%DC TIG welder like it's a Corgi.
Peanut

Update dynasty Dx 210 number 3 is being overnight shipped to me by Miller Was on the phone for a couple hours till I was able to get the right person to help me, I must say they have been good to deal with so far they said they will worry about getting the 2 non working 210s back soon as we get a good working machine.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Peanut wrote:Update dynasty Dx 210 number 3 is being overnight shipped to me by Miller Was on the phone for a couple hours till I was able to get the right person to help me, I must say they have been good to deal with so far they said they will worry about getting the 2 non working 210s back soon as we get a good working machine.
That's excellent, and as expected...

Among the major brands, Miller is reputed to have the best service at present (opinions vary, but I'm basing this on recent reviews).

Let us know how it goes.

Steve S
Poland308

I wonder what the actual voltage is that the machines are getting plugged into? Checked by a good meter.

Josh
Peanut

Well since the dynasty Dx 210 is a multi voltage machine from 120 to 480 3 phase and I am running 220 on residential current I doubt voltage has anything to do with it. By the Way the voltage reads 250 v.
Poland308

250 is a bit high if it's supposed to be 220. Any chance one of those legs is wild?

Josh
Peanut

208-230. Plus or minus 10 %. Like I said if it can handle 480 250 v is nothing. There are always variances in voltages. To some degree.
Poland308

Try reading each leg to ground if one leg is more than 10 volts higher than the other than its possible its from a wild leg of three phase. If that's the case then electronics tend to have all sorts of issues if they are run off of a wild leg. It has to do with an extreme potential diferance between the two legs not just how high the voltage is. The voltage on a wild leg also tends to fluctuate greatly and if the circuitry is trying to compensate for that it can cause strange things like failures or over heating of the circuit board.

Josh

This came in today.....cant wait to finish cleaning up my cooler. I picked up-Bernard 3500ss almost new for $200. CK 20 torch...pedal... loads of filler rod....anticipation ...trip to sLowes for a plug head. The adventure begins :shock: 8-)
Attachments
....the goods are here
....the goods are here
0212161521a.jpg (40.9 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
J.J. Flash

jumpinjackflash wrote:This came in today.....cant wait to finish cleaning up my cooler. I picked up-Bernard 3500ss almost new for $200. CK 20 torch...pedal... loads of filler rod....anticipation ...trip to sLowes for a plug head. The adventure begins :shock: 8-)
Looks good, where did you buy this from? Keep posting the pics ;)
Richard
Website

I ordered it from cyberweld...had 2 units in stock. No one else had them on hand at the good price and free shipping. Hours of study and notes kept taking me back to this machine. Pix later as I get things up and running Saturday...supposed to be a little cold...19 and windy. The wife is not impressed with it in the kitchen... :?:
J.J. Flash
TigMonster
    Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:16 pm

jumpinjackflash wrote:I ordered it from cyberweld...had 2 units in stock. No one else had them on hand at the good price and free shipping. Hours of study and notes kept taking me back to this machine. Pix later as I get things up and running Saturday...supposed to be a little cold...19 and windy. The wife is not impressed with it in the kitchen... :?:
Lol. My welder lives in my spare room til spring. Enjoy your new dynasty! Image

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

jumpinjackflash wrote:I ordered it from cyberweld...had 2 units in stock. No one else had them on hand at the good price and free shipping. Hours of study and notes kept taking me back to this machine. Pix later as I get things up and running Saturday...supposed to be a little cold...19 and windy. The wife is not impressed with it in the kitchen... :?:
Don't worry you won't be regrettable, the Dynasty series is the best money can buy.
Richard
Website

This is what happened to the cooler today. Too loud for me to stand...4 muffin fans...14 vdc power supply...some foam between tank and motor to keep the tank from drumming. You can hear the fans run and a low hum of the pump motor. I glued a piece of foam over the end of the pump to snuff out that noise...helped a lot. Welder getting plugged in later...All mods to cooler can be undone and returned to factory state within an hour. The power supply is adjustable from 12.8 up to 18 volts....so I have plenty of cooling if needed .. it is set now to lowest level. Will check temps when I think it may be getting hot.
Attachments
0213161605.jpg
0213161605.jpg (50.1 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
quick fan install
quick fan install
0211161654.jpg (45.81 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
Last edited by jumpinjackflash on Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J.J. Flash

All done and no one the wiser...until it is powered up...how nice and quiet :idea:
Attachments
0213161627.jpg
0213161627.jpg (48.31 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
0213161605a.jpg
0213161605a.jpg (49.57 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
J.J. Flash

jumpinjackflash wrote:This is what happened to the cooler today. Too loud for me to stand...4 muffin fans...14 vdc power supply...some foam between tank and motor to keep the tank from drumming. You can hear the fans run and a low hum of the pump motor. I glued a piece of foam over the end of the pump to snuff out that noise...helped a lot. Welder getting plugged in later...All mods to cooler can be undone and returned to factory state within an hour. The power supply is adjustable from 12.8 up to 18 volts....so I have plenty of cooling if needed .. it is set now to lowest level. Will check temps when I think it may be getting hot.
Curious, why did you mod the recirculator?
Richard
Website
    Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:39 pm

jumpinjackflash wrote:All done and no one the wiser...until it is powered up...how nice and quiet :idea:
Is that Bernard TIG Cooler new or used?