It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:40 pm Advanced search

Which tig torch?

Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process

Re: Which tig torch?

Postby S4m » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:04 pm

cj737 wrote:Regardless of the cable type, a flex head TIG torch is the best invention since internal combustion engines 8-)

Agreed! So much more control and not having to wrestle with the torch and cable makes life so much easier
S4m

Postby Poland308 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm

A 17 flex head is the go to work horse on my work rig. Pipe and patches it's a good balance between amp capacity and light weight/use ability. Plus there cheap! Burn one up and you get a new one for $20.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308
Weldmonger

Postby electrode » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 am

Does anybody have a Swivel Head tig torch and if so, if that as good as a Flex Head?? Just curious.
electrode
Ace

Postby Oscar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 am

Poland308 wrote:A 17 flex head is the go to work horse on my work rig. Pipe and patches it's a good balance between amp capacity and light weight/use ability. Plus there cheap! Burn one up and you get a new one for $20.

It's usually not the torch that "burns up" (since they are usually made of brass/copper), but rather the cable that gets smoked from the inside out.

electrode wrote:Does anybody have a Swivel Head tig torch and if so, if that as good as a Flex Head?? Just curious.

I have both. Never reach for the flex anymore.
HTP Invertig 221 DV w/ Arctic Chill cooler DV.
Millermatic 211 Inverter w/ Spoolmate-150
Eastwood Versacut 40A Plasma cutter
Oscar
Weldmonger

Postby electrode » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:40 am

Oscar wrote:
electrode wrote:Does anybody have a Swivel Head tig torch and if so, if that as good as a Flex Head?? Just curious.

I have both. Never reach for the flex anymore.

Thanks for the comment. I may have to get a swivel head torch for my birthday or some excuse. :D
electrode
Ace

Postby Oscar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Swivel head + TIG Button = the ULTIMATE TIG torch setup. IMO. Until they invent one that reads your mind and changes your thoughts to a machine's input signal, I feel this kicks a lot of A#*.

Oscar
Weldmonger

Postby electrode » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Oscar wrote:Swivel head + TIG Button = the ULTIMATE TIG torch setup. IMO. Until they invent one that reads your mind and changes your thoughts to a machine's input signal, I feel this kicks a lot of A#*.

Looks like a winner. I was following the thread on the TIG Button too. Too bad I am in the middle of spending a whole bunch of money right now on major stuff like concrete and shade. I may have to sell something so I can buy these things. :lol: What brand is that swivel head torch?
electrode
Ace

Postby Oscar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:19 pm

That's a Tec Torch. They go under their WeldTec line, this would be the i-head Roto-head torch. Similar to the CK Flex-loc.
Oscar
Weldmonger

Postby electrode » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Oscar wrote:That's a Tec Torch. They go under their WeldTec line, this would be the i-head Roto-head torch. Similar to the CK Flex-loc.

Ok, thanks for the info. I think WP makes one too. So I have options. 8-)
electrode
Ace

Postby Otto Nobedder » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:03 pm

I LOVE the CK Flexloc. I'll never have another flex-head.

I've not tried other brands of this style, but I'm supposed to be getting another brand to try. The prototype has been back for several revisions, so I haven't seen it yet, but after the time involved, it should really be something.

Steve S
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Tig Welding - Tig Welding Aluminum - Tig Welding Techniques - Aluminum Tig Welding