Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
tom275
    Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:45 am

Where can a guy get the large grey welding cup that has been used in the past couple new videos?
I weld a lot of cast aluminum that has protected areas and need a lot of tungston stick out.
Help would be appreciated; it looks like that cup would work better than the gas lens I use now.
Last edited by tom275 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

tom275 wrote:Where can a guy get the large grey welding cup that has been used in the past couple new videos?
I weld a lot of cast aluminum that has protected areas and need a lot of tungston stick out.
Help would be appreciated; it looks like that cup would work better than the gas lens I use now.
Shower head lenses and cups are available at www.arc-zone.com. I bought a set a month ago but haven't had a chance to use them yet.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

If you like to "walk the cup", you'll love those big cups. Much smaller wrist action for the distance traveled.
tom275
    Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:45 am

I bought a champayne nozzles from weldtec and I can't get it to work at all. I have tried all different gas flow levels and it doesn't seem to matter at all, until the pressure is so high it blows the shield out of the area. Jody stated in his video, he sent out, that he had to modify the screen assembly to get it to work and I would appreciate it if he would explain how he did that and what he did; since I now own these thing. Also he said that he was going to be selling his own large cups; when will that be? This is for aluminum welding! The large cup with scotchbrite pad works well to increase stick out, but I need more.