Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am

I keep a pair of gloves in a bag that I use for titanium. I use brand new gloves for aluminum and when they start to get dirty i put them on and cover them with soap, go to the sink and basically was my hands but keep the gloved on. rinse and dry. The come out very clean. If they dont come out clean they become my gloves for doing steel or stainless. Because I supply my own gloves i have tried many brands and many ways of keeping them in good shape as long as I can.
Turbo
    Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 pm

I have found that just throwing them in the washer will not destroy them. They may shrink and stiffen a little bit, but it was a successful enough experiment that I now do it regularly.
Miller Dynasty 210dx

instagram: rsengineeringllc
    Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:08 am

Unless your gloves have oil on them it really doesn't matter. I'll run steel and aluminum through the same gloves. Titanium is the only one I don't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

I've never washed any of my welding stuff, but my wife washes the leather stuff she uses for riding horses all the time. She puts nice stuff in a nylon mesh bag (it's a hay bag if you're into horses) to protect it. Cheap stuff like gloves she just throws in the washer without the bag. Then she throws it all in the washer on cold cycle using liquid soap called "Castile". When it's done she lays it flat to dry or hangs it on a hanger. When it's dry she rubs it with saddle soap, not sure I'd do that part on welding gloves because it's kind of waxy stuff.
I've been thinking about washing my welding jacket, it's filthy and has always been kind of stiff. I think washing it might make the sleeves lay better when I'm dragging my arm across something.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

My wife has to throw her leather stuff in the bin.... :o