Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process

bruce991 wrote:Was a requirement at my place we worked in food industry. Also had to sign out rod and account on paper for all rod, tungsten and left over stubs, imagine if that was in the food somehow.
Understandable, probably in some aerospace and defense shops also
Richard
Website
Rudy Ray
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

I don't even want to discuss things that I have seen in chicken processing plants.
Places that make the high dollar name brand chicken.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I worked at an industrial laundry that served hospitals. Think that they account for all the metal bits from the operations....Think again. Sharp bits used to puncture the diaphragm that squeezed the washed linen.
bruce991
    Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Rudy Ray wrote:I don't even want to discuss things that I have seen in chicken processing plants.
Tyson? LOL
Rudy Ray
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Not Tyson, raw chicken.

Does Tyson sell raw chicken?
    Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

as soon as you poke yourself in the eye you'll know why... I never did that myself welding at home but as soon as I got a job welding and would go through filler rod like potato chips on some big projects, it increased the eye skewering possibility ten-fold so I always bend the ends now... of course I do worry about the hooked end snagging my eyelid and ripping it off, but I bet that would be a bit of a stretch
can't believe it took me this many years to buy a diamond wheel for my bench grinder... what a difference
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Another reason to have shook is to hook into your glasses to hold while welding ;) or for a teacher to screw around with you and make you all confused when he says to put it on your glasses.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

Rudy Ray wrote:I don't even want to discuss things that I have seen in chicken processing plants.

My retirement plan is for someone to give me a quarter for every chicken in a 5 mile radius from my house. They can put a LOT of chickens in one house and there are usually 3-6 houses on a farm and probably 15 - 20 farms in that area out where I live. Now, if only I could find that someone.... :lol:

On the subject though, the hook makes it easier to pull the welpers across the welding table (where you put them "out of the way") so you don't have to get up from your stool.
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"