Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:We really need to get lives don't we? :lol:
Well, I need to go outside and burn the brush pile that is 15 foot tall so I will check back later. :o
Don't use gasoline! You don''t wanna know how I know that :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

Pfffft... I dunno about you guys but I have a life, I'm gonna go build a fort out of my welders.. them I'm gonna label some more stuff.. then I'm gonna organize all my rods in chronological order.

Hopefully get it all done before my wife wakes up and makes me do real work....

.... and even a rookie knows you don't use gasoline on a brush pile. Wheres the fun in that. Time to break out the thermic lance kit you got on ebay cheap that time and light er up.
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde

exnailpounder wrote:Don't use gasoline! You don''t wanna know how I know that :lol:
let's see the pics!
Richard
Website
exnailpounder

LtBadd wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:Don't use gasoline! You don''t wanna know how I know that :lol:
let's see the pics!
I never did get pics but I soaked a brush pile in gas on a perfectly still day...figured I'd let it soak for a little while, came back..poured a trail of gas, lit the match and the whole pile exploded because of the vapor...I had long hair until that day :lol: I have used diesel fuel ever since that day. My kids got to see it :lol: There was alcohol involved 8-)
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

LtBadd wrote:
That is for their stick electrode, the TIG rod is different, or so it seems

Not sure where you're getting that. 3-SMW is the TIG filler rod.

electrode wrote:And the Niobium, titanium, and tantalum etc have "NE" for not established and your chart has some figures in there... ;)
I got the values for my chart from the MSDS that also lists other wire in the SS categories. Look closely. ;)

Oscar wrote: I got the values for my chart from the MSDS that also lists other wire in the SS categories. Look closely. ;)
I did see where your values came from, thanks

It seems that there are conflicting data sheets, the link I posted on page 2 (4th post down*) will show where I found this information.

*sure wish the posts were numbered :(
Richard
Website
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Oscar wrote:
LtBadd wrote:
That is for their stick electrode, the TIG rod is different, or so it seems

Not sure where you're getting that. 3-SMW is the TIG filler rod.

electrode wrote:And the Niobium, titanium, and tantalum etc have "NE" for not established and your chart has some figures in there... ;)
I got the values for my chart from the MSDS that also lists other wire in the SS categories. Look closely. ;)
I found it and figured it out. :ugeek: Of course Niobium which is currently "NB" was formerly "CB" and that threw me even after I found the section "c" note. See here:

Niobium - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niobium
Niobium, formerly columbium, is a chemical element with symbol Nb (formerly Cb) and atomic ... Niobium has physical and chemical properties similar to those of the element tantalum, and the two are difficult to distinguish. The English chemist ...
8-) :D
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:
Well, I need to go outside and burn the brush pile that is 15 foot tall so I will check back later. :o
Don't use gasoline! You don''t wanna know how I know that :lol:
I used to use gasoline and that big "WOOF" noise caught me off guard a few times but never hurt me. Today/tonight I used 1 match and some newspaper and got it going. Then I had to drag the 20 piles of brush that were in line to be burnt that I couldn't throw up onto the already too tall pile. Got Er Done! ;)

Ok, so were good that Super Missile Weld is not ER312, right? Lol
electrode

Oscar wrote:Ok, so were good that Super Missile Weld is not ER312, right? Lol
Yes, and I am glad in way as I have 5 pounds of it and also some stick electrodes and don't feel like I got ripped off. :lol: I know the stuff works and I like the way works too. I only use mine on special occasions. 8-)

electrode wrote:
Yes, and I am glad in way as I have 5 pounds of it and also some stick electrodes and don't feel like I got ripped off. :lol: I know the stuff works and I like the way works too. I only use mine on special occasions. 8-)
Same here. I picked up 1/16" and 3/32" a couple years ago, just for the hell of it. :lol: Would be cool if they made it in 0.045" or 0.035" for super extra special occasions. :)
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I might get some just because it has missle in the name. :D
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Poland308 wrote:I might get some just because it has missle in the name. :D
You should see the new "Mega-Critical Nuclear Warhead Weld" rod that is in the works! :lol:
Poland308

Post the spec sheet when it comes out. I will want that rod even more.

Josh
exnailpounder

Oscar wrote:
You should see the new "Mega-Critical Nuclear Warhead Weld" rod that is in the works! :lol:
:lol:
electrode

Oscar wrote:
I am a beta tester for that stuff...and there are already rumors that it's just ER70S-2 but I don't believe it. :D
electrode

Oscar wrote:
electrode wrote:
Same here. I picked up 1/16" and 3/32" a couple years ago, just for the hell of it. :lol: Would be cool if they made it in 0.045" or 0.035" for super extra special occasions. :)
I just have 1/16" and when I see a sale I may even buy some more in 3/32" If it's a really good sale some 0.035 or 0.045 is a possibility. 8-) So I assume you like the way it welds too.

Poland308 wrote:Post the spec sheet when it comes out. I will want that rod even more.
I have prototypes here if you want to try them. They're contemplating changing the name to "Mission-Critical Thermo-Nuclear Warhead Weld", just depends which name will sell more pounds. Package will look like this:

No adult signature required for delivery, USPS will leave it on your front porch if no asnwer. :lol:
exnailpounder

Oscar wrote:
Poland308 wrote:Post the spec sheet when it comes out. I will want that rod even more.
I have prototypes here if you want to try them. They're contemplating changing the name to "Mission-Critical Thermo-Nuclear Warhead Weld", just depends which name will sell more pounds. Package will look like this:

No adult signature required for delivery, USPS will leave it on your front porch if no asnwer. :lol:
I want some too!
Poland308

No adult signature required for delivery, USPS will leave it on your front porch if no asnwer. :lol:[/quote]

Country Warheads (Active/Total)[nb 1] Date of first test CTBT status Delivery methods
The five nuclear-weapon states under the NPT
Russia 1,790 / 7,300[1] 29 August 1949 ("RDS-1") Ratifier[13] Nuclear triad[14]
United States 1,750 / 6,970[1] 16 July 1945 ("Trinity") Signatory[13] Nuclear triad[15]
United Kingdom 150 / 215[1] 3 October 1952 ("Hurricane") Ratifier[13] Sea-based[16][nb 2]
France 290 / 300[1] 13 February 1960 ("Gerboise Bleue") Ratifier[13] Sea and air-based[17][nb 3]
China n.a. / 260[1] 16 October 1964 ("596") Signatory[13] Suspected nuclear triad.[18][19]
Non-NPT nuclear powers
India n.a. / 100–120[1] 18 May 1974 ("Smiling Buddha") Non-signatory[13] Nuclear triad[20][21][22][23][24]
Pakistan n.a. / 110–130[1] 28 May 1998 ("Chagai-I") Non-signatory[13] Land and air-based.[25][26]
North Korea n.a. / <10[1] 9 October 2006[27] Non-signatory[13] Suspected land and sea-based.[28]
Undeclared nuclear powers
Israel n.a. / est. 60–400[1][29][30] 1960–1979[31] incl. suspected Vela Incident[32] Signatory[13] Suspected nuclear triad.[33][34]

Only available from the above listed manufacturers.

Josh
electrode

I wonder what the OP is gonna think when he checks back for his answer to his question. :lol: He will probably start out with a box of Super Missile Weld. :D