Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Not much welding lately. Work has been calling. Therefore I spent some time in my office. Another good week though and I'll be back at the welding table :-)

Sent from my Commodore 64
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

That sure looks like a cool job. I wouldn't mind having to get up every day and do that. My sons best friend is a heli pilot in the Army and he absolutely loves it.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

Pretty happy with the job. Beats working for a living ;-)
exnailpounder

EtronX wrote:Pretty happy with the job. Beats working for a living ;-)
I bet it does 8-) That dashboard looks very complicated...sort of like some of the fancy tig welders out there for the gadgetrons :lol: Be safe!

exnailpounder wrote:
EtronX wrote:Pretty happy with the job. Beats working for a living ;-)
I bet it does 8-) That dashboard looks very complicated...sort of like some of the fancy tig welders out there for the gadgetrons :lol: Be safe!
Alway safe, mate.
exnailpounder

Hey EtronX...send us some pics of your heli. I know we would all love to see some.

North Cape, Nortern Norway.

Sikorsky S92 SAR

From training on our low level routes.

exnailpounder

Thanks Etron! Awesome stuff! Not to de-rail your thread much further but how did you get into flying?

Long story. Here is the short version. Been doing this for almost 30 years. Was involved in a car accident in 85 as a passenger. Norwegian Air Ambulance came to pick us up. I guess that was when I decided to do this :-)

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Keep practising and your welds will come along as good as your ability to fly, love your welding table! Thanks for the pics. :)

Pete
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225

More pics from work. Finally down South and home again. Time to make the cart for the welding machine :-)

Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Damn what I wouldn't give to see that everyday flying around helping people. Such a blessing it must be to see that beauty and help people. That is one hell of a gig you got. And on top of that, you weld. You have a damn good life.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:Damn what I wouldn't give to see that everyday flying around helping people. Such a blessing it must be to see that beauty and help people. That is one hell of a gig you got. And on top of that, you weld. You have a damn good life.
Thank you, Farmwelding :-) Pretty happy with the way things turned out. Not always like that weathervise, though. My crew and I are inside that ball of snow. Lifting for another mission into the Barents Sea. Keeps you on your toes ;-)

Yesterday the drawer sliders and the wheels arrived. It is time to start on the cart for the welder :-)

Working on the initial design of the frame. I need place for the Fronius and possible a cooler that will arrive at some time in the future. Place for the welding mask. Place for a few rod holders and bits and pieces.

Now I will sit down with a beer, study and think. If, after the beer, it still looks OK I will start cutting :-)

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

EtronX wrote:More pics from work. Finally down South and home again. Time to make the cart for the welding machine :-)

Next time I return to Denmark from working in the US I will see if I can make it to Norway so you can show me these cool spots, if you are able to, not sure what the rules are over there.

Would be awesome though.
if there's a welder, there's a way

Olivero wrote:
EtronX wrote:More pics from work. Finally down South and home again. Time to make the cart for the welding machine :-)

Next time I return to Denmark from working in the US I will see if I can make it to Norway so you can show me these cool spots, if you are able to, not sure what the rules are over there.

Would be awesome though.
If you can make it to Hammerfest, Olivero, and I am at work, I'll take you flying :-)

Tried to weld some pieces on a cast iron ball valve. No success. Then I brewed some Pale Ale instead ;-)