Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

Transmission case isn't the problem. This is the engine. Its one of the first of these RZRs and they do not hold up to roll overs very well. He didn't know this thing was broken when he bought it.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Take his money! I have people that won't take no for an answer and I charge them double. Seriously, take the guys money. stupidity should be painful on some level.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

We got motors laying around too. :lol:
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

I'll find out what year his machine is in case this whole thing goes south. I'm fairly certain that it's from either the first or second production year of the RZR.
I got the holes filled in but I'm not sure how deeply everything is penetrated. I cut short sections of rod and put them in the holes before blasting those bastards with 200 amps for between 20 and 30 seconds, then added in filler by hand to fill the remaining voids. I'm hoping that I have about 1/2" of metal tied into the depths of each hole. Who knows though. Only gonna find out by drilling and tapping them again.
This engine case has an amazing ability to soak up some heat. The transmission housing didn't require anything close to this level of power.
Attachments
20170131_195917.jpg
20170131_195917.jpg (22.02 KiB) Viewed 714 times
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

"Take his money! I have people that won't take no for an answer and I charge them double. Seriously, take the guys money. stupidity should be painful on some level."

Amen!
I have more questions than answers

Josh