Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
theorigdude
    Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:57 am

hello fellow metal melters...
I have a SSC controls C820-0625 tIG foot control for lincohn 350mp ...when welding with tig it seems i have very little range on footpedal... forty amp range goes by in eye blink when i press pedal.. virtually useless..hopeful that someone is familiar with this setup.
mpete53
    Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:33 am

On my everlast machine, I can set the machine to limit the top amperage that the peddle can reach. To me, it seems that the lower I set this top amperage the more control I get at low amps, Just make sure the top amperage is high enough to do the job.

Mark
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Don't have your set up but those are usually nice pedals so you have to assume it's not the correct resistance for that machine - hopefully if you contact Lincoln they can tell you the correct resistance so it's just a case of ordering the correct pot & swapping it.
    Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 am

Agree with Noddybrian about the resistance value being a likely culprit. Unfortunately SSC pedals may not be very easy to take apart and reassemble.
-Jon

I learned how to weld at night, but not last night. (despite how my weld looks)

Lincoln Viking 3350 K3034-2&3
Dynasty 210DX w/cps and coolmate3
Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

maker of things wrote:Agree with Noddybrian about the resistance value being a likely culprit. Unfortunately SSC pedals may not be very easy to take apart and reassemble.
They're easy to take apart, a bit of maneuvering to re-assemble, , , ,
Pivot pins are 'spring loaded' push in & seperate the 2 halves. Warning! Remember! does not go back together so easily!!!

-c-

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I have worked on a few of my SSC pedals. Patience is the trick to getting them back together. Also wearing rubber coated gloves helps. It is very easy to pitch your fingers.
theorigdude
    Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:57 am

the pedal tests perfect thru its range of travel 1 ohm to 10.34 k ohms..
thanks for all the suggestions from everyone....but ill have to make due with the 1/4 inch range of travel on the foot pedal..
meaning i only have to move pedal 1/4 inch to reach max amps..
on another forum they mentioned that when you depress pedal to start the welder ...amps should start around 2 amps then go up to where ever you set the max amps..
mine starts about 60% away from max amps... weird ..(etc..180 max amps starts at 111 amps

ps..the pedal is really easy to take apart and put back together..
    Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 am

I pulled up the owners manual for that machine. Since it is a lift start I am not sure how that behaves normally, I have only used HF start. According to the manual you should be able to set the start and max amps. This is snipped from the manual...
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (48.66 KiB) Viewed 872 times
-Jon

I learned how to weld at night, but not last night. (despite how my weld looks)

Lincoln Viking 3350 K3034-2&3
Dynasty 210DX w/cps and coolmate3
Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram