Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Is it possible you have the ground clamp and torch connections reversed?
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
Arthurbl
    Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:48 am

MarkL wrote:Is it possible you have the ground clamp and torch connections reversed?
No there correct for sure
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Is the welder under warranty? If so maybe contact the seller and see if you can return it for a new one. Maybe when your electrode was stuck out so far and you had a large gap between the tungsten and the piece you fried a capacitor or something. Seems like we are at a loss here. Did you try some new filler from a different source or even another type aluminum filler like 5356? Looks like a AC frequency problem or a gas or filler problem.
Arthurbl
    Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:48 am

electrode wrote:Is the welder under warranty? If so maybe contact the seller and see if you can return it for a new one. Maybe when your electrode was stuck out so far and you had a large gap between the tungsten and the piece you fried a capacitor or something. Seems like we are at a loss here. Did you try some new filler from a different source or even another type aluminum filler like 5356? Looks like a AC frequency problem or a gas or filler problem.
No sadly it's not under warranty anymore .yea maybe I'll take it part and see if I can find anything that looks burnt .. I tried new filler and new metal all the same thing .. I'll try a new tank if that don't work I guess I'm just screwed thanks for the help tho !!