Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
antique lathe
    Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:22 am

Just watched on YouTube ChuckE2009. He bought a Fronius TP-180-mv.
I am a newbie. Wanting to buy a welder. This looked nice. On the Fronius website. They have a page full of torches.
I do not know which one is the best. Starting out, I do not need to match anything. Just want to get everything I need all at once. I would be using it on; aluminum, carbon steel and cast iron.
Any help and information is greatly appreciated !!
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome. That welder you have listed cannot weld aluminum. It is a DC only machine. I would personally say for you to look at a Lincoln sqaurewave or head over to everlast and check them out. Fronius seem to be overpriced as well.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

To be clear, Chuckee didn't buy that machine.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

sedanman wrote:To be clear, Chuckee didn't buy that machine.
This is quite true. They sent it to him to use probably with a check. That is why I usually ignore his reviews and just watch the build cause I like watching build no matter how good or bad.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick