Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Rudy Ray
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

I just got my first Tig finger. How do you guys keep it on? Both the single and double keep sliding off with a little movement.
I'm about to try the stapler if I can't figure it out soon.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Haven't heard of that before. What kind of glove are you wearing?

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Rudy Ray

Tillman24CL kidskin

I'm working on dirty 3/4" OD aluminum tubing.
Last edited by Rudy Ray on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Small hands? :lol: JK :D
bking-tinyhands07130720.jpg
bking-tinyhands07130720.jpg (53.61 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
I wear the same gloves in 2XX and don't have any problems. Did you buy it from Jody or that place that is selling a copy of the tig finger?
Rudy Ray

Jody, and no, not small hands, 9" spread and typical for us meaty fingers.

It's getting a little better, lots of "new" things for me today.
New machine, Dynasty 280 DX, was Syncro 250.
2% Lanth tungsten, was pure.
Foot pedal, I've used a thumb wheel for the past 12 years.
This job can be frustrating to begin with.
I didn't sleep worth a damn last night.
It's a Monday.
and I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.
electrode

Rudy Ray wrote:Jody, and no, not small hands, 9" spread and typical for us meaty fingers.

It's a Monday.
:lol: It's Monday alright. Trying too many new things at once. But I do the same so... I have a thumb wheel I never tried yet and I am sure it will be weird being used to a pedal when the time comes. Nice new machine. I have a SW250DX and a HTP221 220V that is not even broken in yet.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Rudy Ray wrote:Jody, and no, not small hands, 9" spread and typical for us meaty fingers.

It's a Monday.
Why did you stop sniffing glue? :lol: I'll never stop.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Rudy Ray

I traded glue for Meth, trying to come down easy .
electrode

I quit right away after I tried it as the Elmer's just plugged up my nostrils. Now I just drink. :P (I think I was doing it wrong)
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:I quit right away after I tried it as the Elmer's just plugged up my nostrils. Now I just drink. :P (I think I was doing it wrong)
Your supposed to eat Elmers ...remember school? I tried Crazy glue once, now I only have one functioning nostril. I think this is the first time I ever typed the word nostril. My drink is empty again :lol:
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:I quit right away after I tried it as the Elmer's just plugged up my nostrils. Now I just drink. :P (I think I was doing it wrong)
Your supposed to eat Elmers ...remember school? I tried Crazy glue once, now I only have one functioning nostril. I think this is the first time I ever typed the word nostril. My drink is empty again :lol:
That was paste! :P My drink will be poured after I finish this message. :lol:
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
That was paste! :P My drink will be poured after I finish this message. :lol:
You're right..we ate paste and drank glue. That was a long time ago. I remember when White-out came to be 8-) We also made judicious use of the exhaust fans in the welding booths in highschool...I think I mis-spent my youth...hope no anal retentives read this :lol:
electrode

exnailpounder wrote: You're right..we ate paste and drank glue. That was a long time ago. I remember when White-out came to be 8-) We also made judicious use of the exhaust fans in the welding booths in highschool...I think I mis-spent my youth...hope no anal retentives read this :lol:
I have taken advantage of quite a few exhaust fans in my day. Problem is that once you are older and smarter you realize everyone knew. Your eyes were all red, squinty, and glassy, and you carried Visine, and you smoked a cigarette to cover up the smell and you chewed gum...none of which worked worth a damn. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote: You're right..we ate paste and drank glue. That was a long time ago. I remember when White-out came to be 8-) We also made judicious use of the exhaust fans in the welding booths in highschool...I think I mis-spent my youth...hope no anal retentives read this :lol:
I have taken advantage of quite a few exhaust fans in my day. Problem is that once you are older and smarter you realize everyone knew. Your eyes were all red, squinty, and glassy, and you carried Visine, and you smoked a cigarette to cover up the smell and you chewed gum...none of which worked worth a damn. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
I think we went to the same school...you sound like someone I know :lol:
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Jeepers, I could barely put the glue bottle near my hands half the time without some teacher telling me to put it down, let alone sharpies. Wow, the way times have changed :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Rudy Ray

Holy Cow !! This thread took a left hand turn.

Today I was at about 1/2 speed as far as production goes. If it's not better tomorrow morning I'm switching back over to a thumb wheel. As well, standing on one foot all day is beginning to hurt.
exnailpounder

Rudy Ray wrote:Holy Cow !! This thread took a left hand turn.

Today I was at about 1/2 speed as far as production goes. If it's not better tomorrow morning I'm switching back over to a thumb wheel. As well, standing on one foot all day is beginning to hurt.
Every thread takes a left..it's all electrodes fault...never happened before he showed up :lol:
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Try having a fake leg and doing it ;)

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:

Every thread takes a left..it's all electrodes fault...never happened before he showed up :lol:
Yeah right. :lol:
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I think the clock just struck 4:20.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

seems mental heath is running rampant here.....
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Well I would go back to the thumb wheel too. Foot pedal is kind of annoying unless you are sitiing. Feel bad for you man.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Rudy Ray

I put the thumb wheel on as soon as I got to the shop this morning, things are going much better.
I'll post a picture of this little monstrosity tonight when I have a network to download a picture to.

I'm typically not a whiner, but yesterday just sucked.
exnailpounder

Rudy Ray wrote:I put the thumb wheel on as soon as I got to the shop this morning, things are going much better.
I'll post a picture of this little monstrosity tonight when I have a network to download a picture to.

I'm typically not a whiner, but yesterday just sucked.
Can we still shit in your thread though? :lol: I guess I should apologize here. I have come to the determination that life should be fun no matter what you're into. I do my best to make sure everyone around me sees life as short so....I had a bad day myself til it was drinky-poo time. Its the only thing that makes my worn out joints feel better.
Rudy Ray

exnailpounder wrote: Can we still shit in your thread though? :lol: I guess I should apologize here. I have come to the determination that life should be fun no matter what you're into. I do my best to make sure everyone around me sees life as short so....I had a bad day myself til it was drinky-poo time. Its the only thing that makes my worn out joints feel better.

Of course you can shit in my thread, we're welders, our skin is thick.
I live by "If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll do it for you".
I quit my evening whisky on Sunday the 5th followed by a 3 day fast. My mother drank herself to death and I like to keep it in check to make sure there is no "problem". I was also starting to weigh more than I'm comfortable with and quitting the sauce just melts the pounds away. The next time I touch Mr. Beam or the silver bullet will be at 185 lbs, 220 now.