Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Flatshog
    Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:15 am

Good morning everybody I was hoping that somebody could help me with my new Tig welder I just purchased in Eastwood tig 200 AC/DC The only thing it does not have is pulse setting or 2t 4t they have a digital one that has the settings should I purchase the digital one or stick with the one that does not have those settings help ty
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Flatshog wrote:Good morning everybody I was hoping that somebody could help me with my new Tig welder I just purchased in Eastwood tig 200 AC/DC The only thing it does not have is pulse setting or 2t 4t they have a digital one that has the settings should I purchase the digital one or stick with the one that does not have those settings help ty
You will find as you progress that you can never have enough welder. By that I mean if you go cheap, you will outgrow it and want to upgrade later. It's better to have it and not need it that need it and not have it. Get the bells and whistles machine but learn the physical nuances of tig welding first so that the bells and whistles will enhance your ability.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

It's probably too late as you already purchased it - but I did have someone call round a while ago with that welder to show them how to weld as they did'nt get on with it - I can say it is the worst Chinese $#it I ever tried & after getting kinda welding it died about a month later after minimal use - my advise would be if you bought it from anywhere that accepts returns send it right back & wait till you can afford something better - not sure what current deals are available on Everlast but feedback on them considering price seems very good in last couple of years - they are not sold in the UK so I have no direct knowledge though several models appear identical to some Rtech models & they have a solid reputation & warranty - also Parweld here have a good following.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Exactly what are you going to weld?
bruce991
    Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

My first welder is a Everlast 160 STH still have it. It did shutdown on me and their customer service got me a new entire board was entire guts within a week from China of course. As I tore into it found a shorted wire had melted to the frame. SO I have spare control board now. In meantime I bought a Lincoln Squarewave 200 and love that welder. Now I use the Everlast as my mobile stick welder, and the Lincoln for all tig.