Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

408cheytac wrote:The problem is where the door hits the case it's completely flush and if I place it there it will stick up a bit.
You know there are a "flared" version of them? They are easy to recess.

You just need to drill and counter-sink a hole and just press down a screw. If you can't use a press or the bench vise just put a nut behind and tighten. 16 gauge SS might need some heat though.

Tools for the riv-nut can easily be made too. The threads in the long nut has been drilled out. Just hold the stem steady and tighten the small nut and its done deal.
IMG_20170317_33627.jpg
IMG_20170317_33627.jpg (53.13 KiB) Viewed 727 times
408cheytac
    Tue May 26, 2015 12:06 am

AndersK wrote:
408cheytac wrote:The problem is where the door hits the case it's completely flush and if I place it there it will stick up a bit.
You know there are a "flared" version of them? They are easy to recess.

You just need to drill and counter-sink a hole and just press down a screw. If you can't use a press or the bench vise just put a nut behind and tighten. 16 gauge SS might need some heat though.

Tools for the riv-nut can easily be made too. The threads in the long nut has been drilled out. Just hold the stem steady and tighten the small nut and its done deal.
The attachment IMG_20170317_33627.jpg is no longer available
I didn't think of that. I was a thinking of maybe a rivet looking piece like the ones where the bottom of the rivet head is a square. Right now I have it set up with just standard case screws. The one drawback of the case is that it's a bitch to take off.

Also here are some updated pictures.
Attachments
20170318_030517.jpg
20170318_030517.jpg (27.52 KiB) Viewed 710 times
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

Looks most cool.....
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"