Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
jcw
  • jcw
  • Workhorse
    Workhorse
    Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Foot control yes.

18g mild steel
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

Skylineauto wrote:
PeteM wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but why not use bent segments instead of pie pieces to make a bend?
For me its used when you need a really tight bend to make something work. With titanium the mandrel bends are very expensive to buy. If you mess one up is a huge cost for mistakes. With the titanium pie cuts I can pre weld up 45 deg sections and piece what I need together. The first picture I put up an bend made for a Porsche tail pipe. The one that was installed had two 45s, like a picture frame corner to make the 90. not good flow at all.

The third picture is an intake for a Nissan 240 that has a LS1 swapped into it. Needed a tight 90 to get past the rad support and to the side of the engine bay.
Thanks. I was curious because they look very work intensive.
    Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am

jcw wrote:Foot control yes.

18g mild steel
Mu suggestion would be to get some practice pieces and dial in youre set up. I would do that by just using the foot control. The pre flow when doing steel sometimes unnecessary but cant hurt, lust the amount of gas you will go through. Keep and eye on your tungsten after the post has stooped to see that you're getting the right amount. You will have work on your tie ins as well. 60 amps should be more than enough to weld those pieces nicely. And remember what you mom always use to say. Beauty is only skin deep, its whats on the inside that counts. This means your penetration.
jcw
  • jcw
  • Workhorse
    Workhorse
    Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:31 pm

60amps?!

I'd either be blowing holes through the tube or be moving so fast it'd be crazy.

Guess I could try it. But I probably be 1/2 to 1/4 pedal the whole time.