Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
pavetim
    Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:10 pm

Just called Diamond ground and he is sending me free same,of dgp 2% thoriated , wolfram 2% thoriated, cryo treated thoriated and tri mix
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

I lightly chuck mine up in my vise and tap it with a hammer. Breaks off clean 99% of the time. Then I use a cordless drill on low speed to grind the point with a bench grinder.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

pavetim wrote:Just called Diamond ground and he is sending me free same,of dgp 2% thoriated , wolfram 2% thoriated, cryo treated thoriated and tri mix
Let us know what you think. I had some Wolfram Thoriated that came with a tig welder I used to own and I thought it held up way better than anything I have used so far. I don't tig weld all the time so I can get by with cheaper tungsten but I am tempted to get some Wolfram 2% lanthanated for aluminum and SS.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

i use Wolfram 2% lanthanated for everything.
no complaints. been using it for years
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am

I use a 3 inch ceramic tile cutting diamond wheel. The edge is great for cutting and the flat surface is great for sharping. Once one side wears out you can flip it to get more life out of it. I used one for a year until I dropped my die grinder and bent the wheel.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8405953e

motox wrote:i use Wolfram 2% lanthanated for everything.
no complaints. been using it for years
craig
Where do you buy yours? Arc Zone wants $75 for 2% Lan 3/32 ten pack!
Richard
Website