Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Mihtu
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:01 am

That last post the spell check got me good!anyway this is my piece of sandpaper I use,I got the idea from an old timer who did power plant welding,maybe it's in my head,but it works for me!
Attachments
20170328_224645.jpg
20170328_224645.jpg (38.02 KiB) Viewed 752 times
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Mihtu wrote:Seems the great tungsten death is all over the map,I use alot of 2% lanthinated, I really like E3,also Ceriated does pretty well,but I will say,once I figured out how to grind them right slot of my problems went away,especially on aluminum,I found that after grinding them,if I rubbed then back in forth in a straight line while turning them on a sheet of 400 grit sand paper they seemed to last longer,and weld better
I have recently taken to using my polishing motor and some Tripoli to polish tungsten. Not a huge difference but noticeable. Over 150 amps you can grind any way you want and it works.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
chustzy
    Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks for all the help i used 2% lanthanated and works perfict thanks for the help