Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Rhyno21
    Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Now I know we can ball up tungsten electorodes prior to welding Aluminum. What else is using Direct Current Elecrode Positive for? I am ask out of sheer curiosity.
Hot rods and burning matal by day
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

[quote="Rhyno21"]Now I know we can ball up tungsten electorodes prior to welding Aluminum. What else is using Direct Current Elecrode Positive for? I am ask out of sheer curiosity.[/quote
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder

I replied in sign language...RICHARD! :lol:
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Mig and dual shield flux core and stick welding for all DC electrodes. Puts the heat to the plate.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:Mig and dual shield flux core and stick welding for all DC electrodes. Puts the heat to the plate.
This is the tig forum sodbuster :lol:
Farmwelding

exnailpounder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Mig and dual shield flux core and stick welding for all DC electrodes. Puts the heat to the plate.
Why is that Jeff?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
Why is that Jeff?
Because it says tig welding :lol:
exnailpounder

Nick has taken another thread off topic...again :lol: Sorry...it's Friday and you know what that means :lol:
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

exnailpounder wrote:Nick has taken another thread off topic...again :lol: Sorry...it's Friday and you know what that means :lol:
Like you never do. :lol: :lol: :lol: (or me either) :o Are you slamming already??
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:Nick has taken another thread off topic...again :lol: Sorry...it's Friday and you know what that means :lol:
Like you never do. :lol: :lol: :lol: (or me either) :o Are you slamming already??
Who...me? You and Nick are the worst I have ever seen though :lol: Slamming already??? After 2 pm is green grass and high tides in my corner of the world 8-)
Last edited by exnailpounder on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:
Who...me? You and Nick are the worst I have ever seen though :lol:
Yeah, right! :D (at least I can spell) :lol: :lol: :lol:
exnailpounder

See what I mean...you have totally de-railed this poor guy's thread...I'm going to have to put a stop to this :lol:
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:See what I mean...you have totally de-railed this poor guy's thread...I'm going to have to put a stop to this :lol:
Yeah, I didn't realize it was a new guy so I will go back out to the workshop now and leave you and Nick to take the blame. 8-)
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:See what I mean...you have totally de-railed this poor guy's thread...I'm going to have to put a stop to this :lol:
Yeah, I didn't realize it was a new guy so I will go back out to the workshop now and leave you and Nick to take the blame. 8-)
It's all Nicks fault...I tried to stop it...gosh my back is starting to feel better :lol:
Farmwelding

Well that was interesting. I thought he just meant in general. That's how I read it. If we are referring to just tig welding than you can use DCEP for some aluminum I beleive but it is rare. Other than that for tig, it isn't really used. If you only meant tig welding sorry it's my fault I read it wrong. If it was in general it's Jeffs fault.

Edit: i guess I generally skip looking at what area the post is in and get what I need to out of the post. Whoops. But yeah (well just blame Jeff though, it's more fun)
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:Well that was interesting. I thought he just meant in general. That's how I read it. If we are referring to just tig welding than you can use DCEP for some aluminum I beleive but it is rare. Other than that for tig, it isn't really used. If you only meant tig welding sorry it's my fault I read it wrong. If it was in general it's Jeffs fault.

Edit: i guess I generally skip looking at what area the post is in and get what I need to out of the post. Whoops. But yeah (well just blame Jeff though, it's more fun)
I will give you credit for actually giving an answer cause I'll be damned if I know. I weld steel on DC and Aluminum on AC. That sums up my welding knowledge...but I can make a killer margarita

exnailpounder wrote:I replied in sign language...RICHARD! :lol:
WHAT!! I didn't do nothing! :lol:
Richard
Website
exnailpounder

LtBadd wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:I replied in sign language...RICHARD! :lol:
WHAT!! I didn't do nothing! :lol:
But you were going to. I did a pre-emptive strike!
Farmwelding

If you are interested in this dcep aluminum welding, weld.com had a video. Just rewatched and it says that it is generally for small non-critical repairs if you don't have a AC machine. At least you get cleaning action then and don't just sink your puddle like on DCEN.
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:If you are interested in this dcep aluminum welding, weld.com had a video. Just rewatched and it says that it is generally for small non-critical repairs if you don't have a AC machine. At least you get cleaning action then and don't just sink your puddle like on DCEN.
Did you just mention Mr. Tig :shock: You're outta here buddy :lol:
Farmwelding

exnailpounder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:If you are interested in this dcep aluminum welding, weld.com had a video. Just rewatched and it says that it is generally for small non-critical repairs if you don't have a AC machine. At least you get cleaning action then and don't just sink your puddle like on DCEN.
Did you just mention Mr. Tig :shock: You're outta here buddy :lol:
Yeah I know-not ideal but if he shows an arc and a puddle and a weld that might hold up for light repairs it is worth something. Just glad bob took over now. A lot better
Nick
electrode

Did Mr.TIG do his "stir the pot" dance at the beginning of the video? That's usually the best part. :D
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:Did Mr.TIG do his "stir the pot" dance at the beginning of the video? That's usually the best part. :D
Yeah he looks like the best day of his life is the day he was born :lol: I kinda feel sorry for him taking on a reputation...Jody can weld circles around him.
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:Did Mr.TIG do his "stir the pot" dance at the beginning of the video? That's usually the best part. :D
Yeah he looks like the best day of his life is the day he was born :lol: I kinda feel sorry for him taking on a reputation...Jody can weld circles around him.
Yeah, but he is trying to help the noobs so he deserves some credit for that. Think of him as the Mr. Rogers of tig welding instructors. ;)
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
Yeah, but he is trying to help the noobs so he deserves some credit for that. Think of him as the Mr. Rogers of tig welding instructors. ;)
I hear ya.. He's probably cool but look at Jody and look at old Wyatt there and you can see who has been a hard worker and who....likes to eat too much.. Moral of the story...I would never hire a fat carpenter :lol: