Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:If you are interested in this dcep aluminum welding, weld.com had a video. Just rewatched and it says that it is generally for small non-critical repairs if you don't have a AC machine. At least you get cleaning action then and don't just sink your puddle like on DCEN.
Did you just mention Mr. Tig :shock: You're outta here buddy :lol:
Yeah I know-not ideal but if he shows an arc and a puddle and a weld that might hold up for light repairs it is worth something. Just glad bob took over now. A lot better
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Did Mr.TIG do his "stir the pot" dance at the beginning of the video? That's usually the best part. :D
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

electrode wrote:Did Mr.TIG do his "stir the pot" dance at the beginning of the video? That's usually the best part. :D
Yeah he looks like the best day of his life is the day he was born :lol: I kinda feel sorry for him taking on a reputation...Jody can weld circles around him.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:Did Mr.TIG do his "stir the pot" dance at the beginning of the video? That's usually the best part. :D
Yeah he looks like the best day of his life is the day he was born :lol: I kinda feel sorry for him taking on a reputation...Jody can weld circles around him.
Yeah, but he is trying to help the noobs so he deserves some credit for that. Think of him as the Mr. Rogers of tig welding instructors. ;)
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
Yeah, but he is trying to help the noobs so he deserves some credit for that. Think of him as the Mr. Rogers of tig welding instructors. ;)
I hear ya.. He's probably cool but look at Jody and look at old Wyatt there and you can see who has been a hard worker and who....likes to eat too much.. Moral of the story...I would never hire a fat carpenter :lol:
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I thought the fat thing was for cooks. I guess you don't want a hole in your roof and broken rafters :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:I thought the fat thing was for cooks. I guess you don't want a hole in your roof and broken rafters :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

I've done some DC+ tig welding on 1/16" aluminum with 100% argon.

My good friend only has a DC machine and wanted to know if it was possible so I lit it up to show him how.

To my knowledge he has not actually used it for that since then, he just wanted to know if he could.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.