Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
BigD
    Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Oscar wrote:Can you tell me where you got the megaflo gas lens? I've sent emails to some vendors and including the one where I got my i-head rotohead but I have yet to receive a answer.
Took some detective work but I realized I never got the megaflo... I got the CK version. I also gave up looking for the TEC product but CK makes the same thing, this is what I got:

https://www.amazon.com/CK-D2GS332LD-Sav ... B00I4YZ8WY
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Yea I have that one.
Jakedaawg
    Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Sorry if this is a hijack, just dis regard in that case...

What is the advantage of that huge cup? I guess it would be for SS or Titanium but would there be an Aluminum advantage? Would you end up using more gas than a traditional lens?

If it were to allow more stick out and greater visibility that might be worth the cost and extra gas possibly?
Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP, More tools than I have boxes for and a really messy shop.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Jakedaawg wrote:Sorry if this is a hijack, just dis regard in that case...

What is the advantage of that huge cup? I guess it would be for SS or Titanium but would there be an Aluminum advantage? Would you end up using more gas than a traditional lens?

If it were to allow more stick out and greater visibility that might be worth the cost and extra gas possibly?
Yes. :)

Jakedaawg wrote:Sorry if this is a hijack, just dis regard in that case...

Well, I wouldn't use it for everyday TIG welding, Titanium absolutely, stainless maybe, if you're doing code work or aesthetics are important, need a long stick out... I haven't used this particular lens, although CK makes a large gas lens for their 2 series torch which I have used quite a lot.
Richard
Website