Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Mihtu
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:01 am

Here has got to be one of the dumbest question racing around in my head,when should you change the cup on your torch,is there a specific guideline,or just change it when it's beat?I guess I never thought muxh about it,nor have I ever remembered any one talking about it!
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

The pink alumina cups can be cleaned up in a bead blaster. Use a file or coarse cloth tape to remove any stuck spatter first.

String wire through them or they will get blown through the one hole in the mesh blaster floor....................

kiwi2wheels wrote:The pink alumina cups can be cleaned up in a bead blaster. Use a file or coarse cloth tape to remove any stuck spatter first.

String wire through them or they will get blown through the one hole in the mesh blaster floor....................
I've done that, works very well. Also include the bottom surface that tightens against the insulator

Not a stupid question.
Richard
Website
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

I change em when they break... If I do a lot of aluminum work and shit tends to collet inside, I just take a filler rod and run it around it and knock all the loose stuff off.
if there's a welder, there's a way
Mihtu
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:01 am

Thanks for the replys!