Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

exnailpounder wrote: I have a pound of 4043 that I bought from a retired boilermaker that is every bit of 20 years old and they weld better than some brand new stuff I got from the LWS. I can only assume it's because they were probably made here instead of china. My machine has auto set balance too but I run it a little bit into the penetration side and the welds always come out nice and shiny with no sand. Don't be afraid to experiment.
I reminisce about the days when any problems I had welding could always be attributed to operator trouble........... :(
bosulli
    Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 am

Think cj737 was right. It was just me having a bad day. Some days I am pro, then some days I suck, and its very frustrating.

If it was easy, anybody could do it.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

bosulli wrote:Think cj737 was right. It was just me having a bad day. Some days I am pro, then some days I suck, and its very frustrating.

If it was easy, anybody could do it.
Yep... That's why some people are doctors, lawyers, school teachers, and pipe fitters :lol:

Just kidding. I see those jokes and think about this forum and think- that's my true. We have math teachers, probably a doctor or two, maybe a docile, and probably a lawyer. It's impressive. It's also nice that a hobby like welding can also be a career that makes you a lot of cash as well. I would say welding is the most versatile field of interest. You learn a lot and know a lot and have a better set of skills.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Hell, my eye doctor is an accomplished welder.

The welding virus, like the Flu, does not discriminate by class, race, gender, age, etc.

Steve S
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:Hell, my eye doctor is an accomplished welder.

The welding virus, like the Flu, does not discriminate by class, race, gender, age, etc.

Steve S
I can weld circles around my boilermaker/welder friend. WTF Universe are we living in?
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:Hell, my eye doctor is an accomplished welder.

Steve S
I can weld circles around my boilermaker/welder friend. WTF Universe are we living in?
If your buddy is welding boilers and piping, and is worse than you then I hope you are really damn good. :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder

I am damned good but he only welds pipe. I almost suck at pipe because I don't weld it. I do the thnigs he doesn't. Doesn't make me better than him we do different things and I don't have some suckass inspector hanging around my neck...Oh wait..I'm married so I take that back...thank God she knows shit about welding :lol:
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

exnailpounder wrote:Ithank God she knows shit about welding :lol:
:lol:

I tried explaining it to my wife, never worked out :lol:
if there's a welder, there's a way

[I made my last "contribution" to that conversation go away. It was over the top, even for my twisted sense of humor, and something I might not approve of if I'd seen someone else post it.]

Steve S

And, yes, Farmwelding, my mind can be a scary place... :lol:
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:[I made my last "contribution" to that conversation go away. It was over the top, even for my twisted sense of humor, and something I might not approve of if I'd seen someone else post it.]

Steve S

And, yes, Farmwelding, my mind can be a scary place... :lol:
I have done that before. Then quickly edited and wonder who or how many people may have seen it in the 30 seconds it was live. My brain can be a scary place too. :lol:
Fly
  • Fly
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 am

NEVER use sand paper to clean Aluminum. Scotch pads & acetone work best for me.

Fly :D
bosulli
    Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 am

Fly wrote:NEVER use sand paper to clean Aluminum. Scotch pads & acetone work best for me.

Fly :D
Good advice and thanks.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

So what became of this? All this talk.... :lol:
exnailpounder

Oscar wrote:So what became of this? All this talk.... :lol:
The only thing I got was don't use sand paper to clean filler...the rest was just a meander through the minds :lol:

exnailpounder wrote:The only thing I got was don't use sand paper to clean filler...the rest was just a meander through the minds :lol:
And that was scary and somehow funny, all mixed together :lol:
Richard
Website
exnailpounder

LtBadd wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:The only thing I got was don't use sand paper to clean filler...the rest was just a meander through the minds :lol:
I'm on a roll here Richard...the liquor store was out of vodka this afternoon :lol:

exnailpounder wrote:
LtBadd wrote:
I'm on a roll here Richard...the liquor store was out of vodka this afternoon :lol:
Jeff, I have to wonder how THAT happened...
nelson
    Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Oscar wrote:So what became of this? All this talk.... :lol:
Turns out the OP just had a bad day. His problem went away without doing anything. Like that Cold Fusion experiment that only worked once.

I've got 15 year old AL filler that works fine....me scotchbrite? Ya kiddin???
Stone knives and bearskins.....and a NEW EVERLAST 164SI !!!
That's my newly shared work welder.
At home I got a Power Tig 185 DV. Nice, but no plasma cutting... Nice tight arc after a second.