Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
WildWestWelder
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:43 pm

I have my eye on a Miller Dynasty 280 but I got looking at the ESAB 281i AC/DC machine. Was looking at the ESAB 0558101708 which is the complete package but I can't find what is exactly included with it. One of the drawbacks is that it is not available in a 240V 3Ph unit only 460 in 3ph..

Anybody have any experience with these machines and how to they compare to the Dynasty 280?

Thanks
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

WildWestWelder wrote:I have my eye on a Miller Dynasty 280 but I got looking at the ESAB 281i AC/DC machine. Was looking at the ESAB 0558101708 which is the complete package but I can't find what is exactly included with it. One of the drawbacks is that it is not available in a 240V 3Ph unit only 460 in 3ph..

Anybody have any experience with these machines and how to they compare to the Dynasty 280?

Thanks
I bet anyone here would give a left nut for a Dynasty 280. I used to use an ESAB machine 20 years ago when I was a production welder and it worked great but nothing beats BLUE. My opinion...
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Yeah... Dynasty's are pretty great. 210, 280, 350. Used them all-loved them all. Miller tigs are my favorite. If you get a 280 though-you better get a tig runner to get water cooled. I run 180 amps with an air cooled torch and after twenty minutes it is unbearable.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
WildWestWelder

Farmwelding wrote:Yeah... Dynasty's are pretty great. 210, 280, 350. Used them all-loved them all. Miller tigs are my favorite. If you get a 280 though-you better get a tig runner to get water cooled. I run 180 amps with an air cooled torch and after twenty minutes it is unbearable.
If I do get the 280 (most likely will) I will get the complete package including the wireless foot control (just because) :D
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

WildWestWelder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Yeah... Dynasty's are pretty great. 210, 280, 350. Used them all-loved them all. Miller tigs are my favorite. If you get a 280 though-you better get a tig runner to get water cooled. I run 180 amps with an air cooled torch and after twenty minutes it is unbearable.
If I do get the 280 (most likely will) I will get the complete package including the wireless foot control (just because) :D
If you can...you absolutely should. I have a Blue welder and I love it. Buy American...Be American.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
WildWestWelder

Aren't ESAB's made in the USA?
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

WildWestWelder wrote:Aren't ESAB's made in the USA?
According to balers gas and welding supplies, no-European made. But hey are the second best manufacturers unless you are from there- then it's reversed I guess. Patrootism is son nationalized these days :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
DennisCA
    Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 am

ESAB's swedish, the name is originally an abbreviation of "Elektriska svetsningsaktiebolaget" (Electric welding company AB).

Though nowadays when everything is bought and sold and nothing is tied to the place it came from anymore, who knows, some board of directors somewhere probably buy and then sell it the next month and so it goes on...
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

I might not be American but this Dane prefers the Blue machines.
if there's a welder, there's a way