Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Researcher
    Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:42 am

After waiting months for an AHP I started TIGn Alum with no problems. When I switched out to a gas lens the puddles went dirty...no matter what the settings....checked for gas leaks....the whole 9 yards. Sent the AHP back for a refund. Now have the Everlast 250...nice machine. Again...no problems..switched out to new ebay gas lenses....and boom...dirty puddles ....what the hells going on? Any thoughts mucho appreciated. Big thank you to jodie and his vids. I am listing the issues I checked before returning the AHP (broke my heart to return it). I hear gas lens is the way to go so I dont want to abandon them...but Im doing fine with conventional lens...

gas leaks at valve & back of machine.
proper thread fit inside torch
proper collet size
tried different argon flow rates
...different cup sizes..
Last edited by Researcher on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmcnally
    Sun May 22, 2016 11:45 am

You might look at the white insulators. Make sure you have the correct ones (different for regular vs gas lens), that they are installed correctly (order and direction), that they are seated properly, and don't leak.

Good luck,
Dave
Researcher
    Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:42 am

CORRECTION
Just received CK gas lens kit. Worked like a charm.
GOD stay away from the chinese ebay gas lenses....should have been on this forum earlier....pissed off...
But, having a 250amp machine is nice. The CK gas lens is an entirely different animal....very good quality....glass is much thicker and the seal is superior. The ebay glass was constantly working loose..