Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
BLAZO
    Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:11 am

Hi Jody.I dont know where to post this. Iam new to tig welding and this site is the greatest on the web for information about welding. Is it possible that we can see some titanium welding video. Thanks for all information Jody and closeup videos,greetings to all forum members.
jason.hwnd
    Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:33 am

Looks a lot like stainless to me.

Outside of the need for Ti to be super clean, it doesn't seem any harder to weld than stainless.
I've been practicing on some 0.015 3"x5" plates - its only "hard" to dial in a range of settings that work with my travel speed.

On the blocks of scrap Ti, to me, it flows like water. I think stainless steel videos will be just as much help short of actually doing it.
Miller Aerowave
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

The thing about titanium is you have to have inert gas coverage over the entire HAZ, not just the molten metal. Lots of times you'll use either an adapter on your cup to provide trailing shielding gas coverage, or do all the welding in a totally inert atmosphere, like a clear plexiglass box.

The other thing is, depending on the codes, you REALLY have to watch your heat. Some codes only allow the HAZ to reach the straw color, while others will let it be blueish.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
BLAZO
    Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:11 am

Thanks for youre reply guys. The thing is that in my country i cant find titanium nor a filer rod so i can try for my self. So the video will give a heads up on the procedure and i could see how the material flows. Thanks again guys. Cheers!