Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Malibu468
    Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:21 am

Im bout to buy a tig. After research for my budget of 500 bucks. Ive come to either the eastwood 200 or the everlast 200 tig. I know miller or lincoln would be better but for now i need one to do some body work on a car. I tig at my job often and we use a miller 150 so I know how to tig. Anyone have any recent feedback on these two welders? Thanks in advance
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

In that price range, I'd go with the Everest. Or find a used MaxStar 110v unit. They're plenty around and that price is very appropriate for a gently used one.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Malibu468 wrote:Im bout to buy a tig. After research for my budget of 500 bucks. Ive come to either the eastwood 200 or the everlast 200 tig. I know miller or lincoln would be better but for now i need one to do some body work on a car. I tig at my job often and we use a miller 150 so I know how to tig. Anyone have any recent feedback on these two welders? Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum! I just got Eastwoods new catalog and they have a 250 Amp multi-process welder for $999. Everything I have ever gotten from Eastwood has been top quality. I can't vouch for their welders but I do know that they are great about warranties. I was hesitant to buy from them at first because they sell chinese but they sell hi-end chinese( not sure there is such a thing :lol: ) and back up their products. I seriously thought about getting that multi machine to get into the 250 amp tig welding world. I can't speak for Everlast though.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.