Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
ESENTI
    Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 am

I have a problem with cheap welding masks so I decided to step up to an optrel P550 or speedglass3M-Speedglas-100-Welding-Helmet-Future-Combatant what do you think I should choose please ?.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Speedglas 100 are a little bit of a toy. I'm a speedy man but definitely go for the 9100 xxi one.
CanMoulder
    Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Just got a Miller Digital Infinity and for what i do it has a lot of bells and whistles
I like the large Viewing screen
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

IS there a reason you are only choosing between the 2?

Knowing what you do helps us decide what's best for you. I am a bit of helmet fanatic so I am sure we can get you the best one for what you do, once we know what you do.

Weld outside a lot?
TIG, Stick, MIG?
Hobby or professional?
Grind and cut a lot with grinders, plasma cutting, saws?
Wear glasses?
if there's a welder, there's a way
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Esab Aristotech HD. My current helmet.

I think you're European so Oerlikon Citolux 4500 might be worth considering. Shade 5-13 and X-mode like the Miller and Esab mentioned. No own experience.

New Esab Sentinel ?
ESENTI

I wear glasses , I weld with tig inside the shop I do repairs in aluminum or Iron I am not a pro but I am not hobbyist either.
I had an old helmet that it was helux in 1999 and i had it till 2009 then I got a chinese invention internal batteries went out now I tried a replacement filter from ebay but it was useless for 9 dollars.Currently i use the plain old helmet no auto darkening
I have an offer for optrel 505 and this time I want to be more careful .I have seen this also. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162450200989?ul_noapp=true Im amazed how expensive the good helmets are .
Thank you for your support
ESENTI

Eventually I bought a Number 9 plain welding glass and I use it not bad . Until I will find a good mask I will use this simple
glass. For the first time I have noticed the glow of arc starting in a white cloud temporarily before the starting of the real
tig arc .Maybe it would had been better if i had number 10 shade but even in the masks I used it was 9 setting .