Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Chips O'Toole wrote:You mean he's not really going to make the video?
:lol: :lol: :lol: No, he is not. :o
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:Have a drink there fellers...it's all good. Just a little ball-bustin. electrodes a good dude...don't think he meant any harm...he eats with his hands and wipes with burlap so he's a little rough around the edges...nyuck nyuck nyuck.
How do you know what I wipe with?? :oops: :oops:
electrode

Chips O'Toole wrote:I guess this is a stupid question, but if I use a wire brush on steel, should I always follow up with acetone? It sort of looks like it works that way. Today I worked on a piece of metal that was welding okay yesterday. At first, I just went over it with acetone, figuring it couldn't be that dirty after one day. Then I hit part of it with a wire brush. Then I welded. The part I brushed had obvious contamination problems when I welded, but the part I didn't brush seemed okay.

I don't know how clean that brush is.

I tried to do a fillet weld today. First I did it without filler, and I managed to get it to work, and then I did the other side of the metal with filler, which was harder. The filler side was an area I had brushed, and the metal didn't want to flow. Anyway, I had a hard time getting the vertical and horizontal parts to melt at the same time. I think the area the arc was hitting might have been too small. I was using a very sharp 3/32" tungsten. Should I make it a little less sharp to get a wider arc?

Final thing: is it my imagination, or do fillet welds throw heat back at you? My right glove got hot very fast today. It seemed like the vertical bit was reflecting heat at me.
Put a small flat on the tungsten, keep the torch angle as straight as you can (70 degrees or less, 90 degrees is tough to see what you are doing), and maintain as close a distance to the work, without dipping, as you can. Like 1/16" of an inch is a good distance to shoot for.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:Have a drink there fellers...it's all good. Just a little ball-bustin. electrodes a good dude...don't think he meant any harm...he eats with his hands and wipes with burlap so he's a little rough around the edges...nyuck nyuck nyuck.
I think you missed the part where I said you're a good dude. Sorry to offend you.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:
I think you missed the part where I said you're a good dude. Sorry to offend you.
I didn't miss that. And I appreciate you saying that. 8-) But I really use Angel Soft (double rolls) so I needed to clear that up asap. :lol:
angel-soft.jpg
angel-soft.jpg (40.95 KiB) Viewed 764 times
exnailpounder

You're such an ass :lol: I thought we weren't buds anymore...I'm trying to drink here...as if typing isn't hard enough when I'm sober.. :lol:
Last edited by exnailpounder on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exnailpounder

And...unless you've ever had an angel wipe your ass...how would you know your toilet paper is being honest? :lol:
exnailpounder

Man did this thread go south :lol:
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:And...unless you've ever had an angel wipe your ass...how would you know your toilet paper is being honest? :lol:
Well, hopefully some day it will be an Angel, and not the Devil wiping my ass. Getting older you know... :D And why would you think we weren't buds anymore? :?:
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:And...unless you've ever had an angel wipe your ass...how would you know your toilet paper is being honest? :lol:
Well, hopefully some day it will be an Angel, and not the Devil wiping my ass. Getting older you know... :D And why would you think we weren't buds anymore? :?:
You seemed offended that I suggested you defile your bunghole with burlap :lol: That inference sure wouldn't bother me..I been divorced twice and been called everything but a white man :lol:
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:
You seemed offended that I suggested you defile your bunghole with burlap :lol: That inference sure wouldn't bother me..I been divorced twice and been called everything but a white man :lol:
Well... I guess

You're a white man.
Well you can check that off of your list. :lol:

Oh and sorry for the plate and mug analogy... That made a ton of sense last night when I was right after watching Borat so excuse me for that.

And the name is Nick not farmer boy... No offense taken though :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder

I never called you farmer boy! Just remember...baaa means no.. :lol:
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

I hope people realize I was not offended and I was trying to be funny. I did want to see that video, though.
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.
electrode

Chips O'Toole wrote:I hope people realize I was not offended and I was trying to be funny. I did want to see that video, though.
It's all good Chips. Glad you can roll with us and take a joke. :D I will let Nick make that video as he started the whole thing with his analogy. :lol:
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:
I wasn't offended. I was proud. But then I realized I didn't use burlap. So now I am going to have to try some. :o
exnailpounder

Pine cones work good too...just don't pull it the wrong way :lol:
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

When you put your face on the stove, should you use pure argon or helium?
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.
Farmwelding

Maybe I'll send you the electric corn cob. Use that and you'll never have to go to the can again. Plug her in and you'll be shocked(literally and figuratively)
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick

well damn, I'm offended that no one else was offended...can't we all just get along?? :lol: :lol:
Richard
Website
electrode

exnailpounder wrote:Pine cones work good too...just don't pull it the wrong way :lol:
Ouch. :o
electrode

Chips O'Toole wrote:When you put your face on the stove, should you use pure argon or helium?
Liquid smoke. :)
electrode

Farmwelding wrote:Maybe I'll send you the electric corn cob. Use that and you'll never have to go to the can again. Plug her in and you'll be shocked(literally and figuratively)
Is there really an electric corn cob? Do you taze the cattle with it like a cattle prod? Or play pranks on the pigs when you are bored? :lol:
electrode

LtBadd wrote:well damn, I'm offended that no one else was offended...can't we all just get along?? :lol: :lol:
We all seem to get along pretty well. Lots of threads go sideways (exnailpounder usually starts it) but we usually help by answering the question(s) at hand before we get carried away. :P
Farmwelding

electrode wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Maybe I'll send you the electric corn cob. Use that and you'll never have to go to the can again. Plug her in and you'll be shocked(literally and figuratively)
Is there really an electric corn cob? Do you taze the cattle with it like a cattle prod? Or play pranks on the pigs when you are bored? :lol:
Yes...it exists. My grandfather bought one at an auction. No experience but it looks painful.

OH and for jeffs sake-this derailment was my fault I guess. Not intentional but wow. I didn't know a coffee mug and plate could do so much derailment.
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I think this may be my favorite thread-jack of all time.

Good God, there's one page of actual topic, and four pages of nonsense.

It was good for a solid laugh, though.

Steve S