Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
pro mod steve
    Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

Anyone else use the BSX extreme? Tried my first pair today and I love em. Been using Miller tig gloves since I started school. I love the form fit they seemed a little tight or restrictive at first but after a few hours I love the fit. I really like the control or feel I get feeding filler.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Been usin tillman kidd skin since I started. I wanted the black kevlar ones but they didnt have em so I bought the tillman. Great control but get pretty warm. Started wearing a thin cotton glove underneath and that solved the heat problem and still gave me enough control with my feeder hand.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
jason.hwnd
    Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:33 am

I use a pair of carbonx gloves.. i really like 'em and they resist a lot more heat than those other types.

I think just about any Kevlar based glove will do the trick.

this is specifically what I use:
http://www.magidglove.com/CARBON-X-KNIT ... randId=759
Miller Aerowave
Artisan
    Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:01 pm

pro mod steve wrote:Anyone else use the BSX extreme? Tried my first pair today and I love em. Been using Miller tig gloves since I started school. I love the form fit they seemed a little tight or restrictive at first but after a few hours I love the fit. I really like the control or feel I get feeding filler.
The BSX are the gloves im currently using, im a big fan of them. Once you break them in, there perfect. like you said, you can feel the wire which gives great control :mrgreen:. pair these with jodys tig finger and your good to go
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

I've got a pair but I haven't welded with them yet. I've just been wearing them around the shop. Nice fit after they're broke in. I might go get a new pair that are clean and try them out welding.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
jakeru
    Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:30 pm

It looks like the "BSX Extreme" / "BSX Firecat" / "BSX TIG Glove" (all different names marketed as the Revco part number "BT50") is the all-black version of the "Tigster T50"
http://www.revcoindustries.com/catalog/ ... p-817.html
http://www.revcoindustries.com/catalog/ ... p-651.html

I've got some Revco 35KF's (kidskin TIG gloves, with "drag patch", foam insulation on back of hand, and 4" cuff) on order, which I'm looking forward to trying. My Tillman 30's (pigskin TIG gloves) are getting worn out.
rickbreezy
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 pm

I always use the harbour freight "true blue" as i like to call them. they look sexy as hell, and i like the powdered aristocrat look when they are brand new, but they only last about 2 weeks before the seams start to split. of ccourse, I use these for rigging, stick and mig welding, bolting, and just about anything you can imagine. for 8 dollers a pair, they are really not bad, but i think ill start trying some other brands. The kevlar ones look nice.
jakeru
    Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Just to give some feedback, I am liking my revco 35KF (size large) TIG gloves. The foam cushion on the back sude hinders dexterity a little bit I think compared to no cushion layer, but I do sometimes appreciate the added heat protection. The "drag patch" (extra layer of leather on the side of the palm) I think is a really great feature and I think Tillman needs to copy this feature and put it on their TIG gloves. I find this extra layer of leather often benefits me when supporting my hand on a hot or warm workpiece. The kidskin leather (I'm used to pigskin on my previous TIG glove) really shrinks if it even just touches a hot workpiece, but has great "feel" of a small filler rod in the finger so at this point, I'm still happy with it. It just doesn't seem to hold up very well. My gloves at only 1 week or so old are already significantly shrunken in size, although I have been doing a good bit of tig'ing during that week (consumed about a full argon tank in that time.) I am really glad I got the glove sized a little loose initially, because already from just from touching hot workpieces and being exposed to hot torch gasses, it has shrunk to fit my hand. The pictures below are of my torch holding glove. The filler rod glove is looking even worse (darkened and shrunken) from being exposed at times to the torch heat. I think the kidskin does not hold up as well as the pigskin, but is noticeably more soft/supple (good for feeling the filler rod, and good for picking up small objects up off the table.)
Attachments
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG (53.38 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG (53.25 KiB) Viewed 1839 times